Bolt ons

barno92

Looking for Dana 30 front with 4.88 or 5.13
And Dana 44 rear with 4.88 or 5.13. Non rubicon In philly area. Wanna just bolt them on and go. Any help would be great!

Thanks for the advice! What would you suggest?

ProRock 44, won't brake the bank and is by far one of, if not, the best axles on the market. A big plus on that one is you know it's built in the good ole US of A and comes with fantastic support behind it.

Either way you'd just be wasting your time and money putting another 30 back under it, and would sooner or later be looking for yet another one.

barno92

I guess so haha! That raises a question then.....will I be able to just bolt on a 44 up front or will I have to change some of the stock pieces?

I guess so haha! That raises a question then.....will I be able to just bolt on a 44 up front or will I have to change some of the stock pieces?

Dynatrac makes the pro rock 44 as a direct bolt in replacement. I guess I should've asked what the background is or why you are looking to swap?

The pinion on a 30 isn't very beefy to start with. If you go to 5:13 gears the pinion size will only get smaller and weaker. The housing itself is also a weak point.

Unless your stock 44 rear is bent or damaged in some way, there's no reason to change it out as long as your future tire size doesn't exceed 35-37". There's a lot of people on here running the stock rear without any issues, it's more the front you should concentrate on.

I have 3.73. Would I not have to change the rear and the front to 4.88 or 5.13

It depends on what tire size you end up going with. Also, there are several things on the market you can buy/install that claim to prolong the life of your 30 but don't be fooled by them, ie; trusses and sleeves, they are a waste of time and money and could do more harm than good if they aren't installed properly. C-Gussets are a must have on a 30 for sure.

barno92

Dana 30:
Poly upper and lower ball joints
Poly Inner sleeves welded
Poly trackbar relocation bracket
C-gussets, Lower control arms skids5.13 gears (Auto)
Eaton Elocker (Selectable locker)
Stock shafts
stock brakes

D44:
Grizzly locker
Solid differential cover
Control arm skids
5.13 gears (auto)

What's a fair price for this setup? Just asking as I know you recommend the 44.

I can't do the install on the rear. I would have to pay to get that done.

It does take a great deal of patience and know how to do gears and many people, including myself, would rather pay to have it done right the first time. Best thing to do is shop around for someone that does them. Don't know what the going rate is in your area but it's around $500 plus parts ( per axle) where I live but I'm sure it can be done for less.

Top Bottom