Welded or Body Mount RR

Rollover41

Im shopping for rock rails for my 2 door JK, and saw some RR use original body mount and other ones welded on frame!
Whats better, easy to mount or the ones that really work?

seanb123

Weld on are certainly the strongest and best way to go but a body mount like ace sliders are a decent body mount and have seen them do a good job holding up. Something like rubicon rails mount at different body spots and are weaker then the ace sliders.

bbailey

Banned
Im shopping for rock rails for my 2 door JK, and saw some RR use original body mount and other ones welded on frame!
Whats better, easy to mount or the ones that really work?

What do you plan to use them for? "Better" is quite subjective.

If for show and light wheeling, the body mount sliders are substantially easier to install so they might be considered "better" in that context. For more involved wheeling where you expect the slider to bear meaningful impacts and the weight of the JK occassionally, I'd suggest that welded are likely "better" in many instances.

I've got the EVO sliders welded on one of my JKU's and the PSC Brawler Rockers on the other (which are bolt on but in their defense have substantially more triangulation and strength than a typical bolt on slider). Both have held up well though if I was dropping my JKU off a ledge onto a bolder and depending on a slider to provide protection, I'd rather have the EVO do the job. If I'm using the slider to slide or pivot the JK around obstacles (meaning I'm not dropping the JKU onto the rocker), the PSC rockers have performed that job fantastically with no damage to date.

Rollover41

I never been on rock terrain, most of my trips are to the Desert and places like Ocotillo but light.
Just looking for body protection but I don't want to buy a cheap one and then get a good one expending more $

Top Bottom