Photobucket..... WHY?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Alright being that I use my mobile device to access Wayalife 90% of the time (and yes I am an Apple product user) I clicked my last photo redirecting me to the Photobucket site!

Please Photobucket users explain to me why Photobucket is so convenient to use versus hosting your photos here on this wonderful site? For those who don't know if you click on a photo while using a mobile version of Wayalife you are redirected (outside of the app to a browser) when you use Photobucket. Yes I am aware non Apple device users may not have this issue.

Alright folks, sorry it had to be said.

David1tontj

I have never let the photobucket site even load. As soon as I'm redirected, I no longer care.

X2!!! Even when I really want to see the pictures, I don't even bother! I just X out the window and go back to WAL before it even loads.

Stupid photo bucket!! I hate it!!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Alright being that I use my mobile device to access Wayalife 90% of the time (and yes I am an Apple product user) I clicked my last photo redirecting me to the Photobucket site!

Please Photobucket users explain to me why Photobucket is so convenient to use versus hosting your photos here on this wonderful site? For those who don't know if you click on a photo while using a mobile version of Wayalife you are redirected (outside of the app to a browser) when you use Photobucket. Yes I am aware non Apple device users may not have this issue.

Alright folks, sorry it had to be said.

As a photobucket user (as well as other sites like smugmug and flickr)....quite simply, it's the easiest and most efficient way to host your photos for forum usage. They have premade tags that require a single click and they are copied with the code already attached so it's a matter of copy and paste. WOL just runs on a forum engine which isn't very photobucket friendly on the mobile app. I have absolutely zero problems with WOL on the computer, as well as apple iphone app, although I did notice that if you actually click the photo, it brings you to the photobucket page of said photo. I have since tried to minimize my photobucket use and upload them here directly, but I still need to host on photobucket. That's the upside (well, that and it's free).

The downside to photobucket is it destroys photo resolution, so if you have any real photos, you'll need to use flickr or smugmug, however, flickr and smugmug are slightly more of a PITA for forum sharing.

Just for interest....here are 3 photos from 3 sources....

WOL Direct

60B0F281-4607-4E41-B3AA-930953F74AE9_zpsib3vi90t.jpg

Photobucket

Flickr

4630697918_4883538351_b.jpg

What are the differences that you guys are seeing between the photos (other than sizes and subject).

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

When I did a couple of my older write ups the site wouldnt allow my pics because they were too large. Most of my other pics are on my phone and for those, I host them here.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I think I figured out the issue.....to those having beef with photobucket, please answer the above question....

TheStick

100%. Every time I just X out before the photo even loads and move on.

As said the second photobucket pic worked fine. As did the flickr.

Top Bottom