EVO MFG DoubleD Long Arm Installation Photos

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When EVO Manufacturing first released their 4" DoubleD JK Bolt On Long Arm Suspension System, we held a contest where the prize was to win the first production kit and get it installed on their Jeep JK Wrangler. Below are complete step by step installation photos that we took of the winners Jeep getting the kit installed at Off Road Evolution.

Here's a before shot of nmwranglerx's JK ready to EVOlve
main.php

Up on the lift and removing the tires
main.php

All the components of the EVO MFG DoubleD JK Bolt-On Long Arm Kit
main.php

Starting the tear down
main.php

Marking the cuts on the front factory control arm brackets
main.php

main.php

Cutting off the factory control arm mounts
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Grinding to a smooth finish
main.php

main.php

Fitting the new control arm bracket to mark the holes that need to be drilled
main.php

main.php

Removed the bracket to drill the marked holes
main.php

Removing the exhaust so that the remaining holes can be drilled
main.php

main.php

Now that the exhaust is out of the way, the remaining holes can be drilled
main.php

After drilling the holes, install the crush sleeves
main.php

Now the front control arm brackets can be installed
main.php

Tightening up the front control arm bracket bolts
main.php

main.php

Installing the front control arms
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wrapping up the front end:

Drilling for the bump stop extentions
main.php

Installing the bump stop extentions
main.php

Installing the front EVO Plush Ride coils
main.php

Installing the Bilstein shocks
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Marking the hole that needs to be drilled for the sway bar link extention bracket
main.php

Drilling the hole
main.php

Installing the sway bar link extension bracket
main.php

main.php

main.php

Installing the front track bar relocation bracket
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Removing factory drag link
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Drilling the knuckle so that the EVO drag link flip kit can be installed
main.php

main.php

Installing the new drag link
main.php

main.php

main.php

Installing the front brake linke extentions
main.php

The front end is complete!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Now on to the rear end:

Marking the rear factory control arm mounts
main.php

main.php

Cutting off the factory control arm mounts and trimming the body mount
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Cutting off the passenger side rear control arm mount
main.php

main.php

Grinding to a smooth finish
main.php

main.php

After the grinding
main.php

main.php

Fitting the rear control arm brackets
main.php

main.php

main.php

After fitting and drilling, the rear control arm brackets are installed
main.php

main.php

main.php

Here you can see one of the flagged nuts used on the rear bracket
main.php

Installing the rear control arms
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Installing the rear track bar relocation bracket
main.php

Installing the rear bump stop extentions
main.php

Installing the rear EVO Plush Ride coils
main.php

Installing the new rear sway bar links
main.php

Installing the rear Bilstein shocks
main.php

main.php

Installing the rear brake line extensions
main.php

And finally putting the tires back on
main.php

main.php

The EVO DoubleD Long Arm is complete!! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Last but not least, here are a few shots of what the EVO MFG DoubleD Long Arm Suspension System looks like installed!

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

And finally, a shot of the WINNERS of the EVO DoubleD Long Arm Kit!
main.php

JK1

Thanks for posting this up Eddie i know you had it onas a write up on PJK but this is so much easier to scroll through and follow..... I will be installing this kit next week with the bolt on coilovers and king bumps up front. Its killing me being at work this week cant wait to see how this setup performs...:beer:

Thanks again :yup:

Eddie thanks for the great write up. I think this is something that will happen eventually with Canvas. Someday Canvas will be able to play with the big boys. :yup:

TINMAN367

This was great, I have been looking at this lift and it was great to be able to see everything step by step. Thanks for sharing Eddie.

JK1

Whelp i got the boxes all opened last night and a few questions came up..
1) why arent both the front and rear brackect powder coated :thinking: after a quick call to NR4x4 Oliver thinks its because the front bracket is the same one used in the hi clearence long arm kit that needs to be welded on... I think if its a weld option kit it shouldnt come powder coated because now i have to grind the crap out of the rear one to do some welding.. Its not a big deal just seemed odd to me.. here is a link to the entire kit cuz NR4x4 doesnt show just the upgrade kit http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/evo-manufacturing-jk-4-inch-doubles-bolt-on-long-arm-kit-evo-1084 all powder coated... ORE just put a photo of the upgrade kit without powder coating a week or so ago https://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-DoubleDLONGARM-UPGRADE
20140520_195546_resized.jpg

2) on this website (not were i bought the kit from)https://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO.Bolt.On or even from NR4x4 http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/evo-manufacturing-jk-07-12-rear-lcg-bolt-on-coilover-kit-with-evo-spec-c-os-evo-1109it shows a heavier end link then the one that came in the kit. Again not a big deal but it seems like they started with a heavier endlink in the beginning and then went to this
20140520_202735_resized.jpg

Over all im excited as can be with the kit I just posting this for anyone else that buys this kit and has the same questions :beer:.... Let the build begin

oh and the arms are massive
FB_IMG_14005503008213717_resized.jpg

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I can answer all these, but it's best to call up EVO MFG after all they are the ones building and shipping the kit..

JK1

I can answer all these, but it's best to call up EVO MFG after all they are the ones building and shipping the kit..

I did call Andrew and got all the info. like i said its not a big deal and i am fine with what i got just wanted to post it so if anyone else had the questions that i had they would already know.:thumb:

Vettethret

When EVO Manufacturing first released their 4" DoubleD JK Bolt On Long Arm Suspension System, we held a contest where the prize was to win the first production kit and get it installed on their Jeep JK Wrangler. Below are complete step by step installation photos that we took of the winners Jeep getting the kit installed at Off Road Evolution.

I cant wait for this set up with some Bolt On Coil Over's. Can anyone make my SRT dissapear in Mexico so I can buy A JK this weekend???:brows:

StrizzyChris

it shows a heavier end link then the one that came in the kit. Again not a big deal but it seems like they started with a heavier endlink in the beginning and then went to this
View attachment 84256

Not gonna lie, I was pretty sad when my coilover kit showed up with these links as well. I really like the look of the links they showed to be in the kit :sigh:

JK1

5 long days and i got it on the ground and driveable... this kit is awesome but it takes a lot and i repeat a lot of work i ended up welding the whole thing just for the fact that where you have to drill is a bigger PITA than welding it. I had to grind, cut or drill every bracket to get it to fit but for the most part it it wasnt anything crazy just a lot more time consuming getting it on then taking it off to tweak things... front took 30 hour but i also put on Bolt on coilovers.. rear took about 20 hours also with coil over install.. If i were to do it again of course it wouldnt take as long. I took my time and might have over thought some of it but my OCD dont help :grayno: i have a few things to do like raise the rear and get the exhaust fixed and a good alignment..

Now that is is on it drives amazing but it is hard to tell if its the long arm or the coil overs but the combo of the 2 rides amazing.. i cant wait to get it off road
:beer:
long arm compare.jpg
long arms.jpg
20140602_094342_resized.jpg
20140602_094357_resized.jpg
20140602_094409_resized.jpg

Sithwindu

Ok how did yall get the damn wing nut lined up for the rear upper control arm mounts!! I can't for the life of me get them to thread on the bolt!!!

AU Bronc N JK

Looks awesome!

This is my next big purchase/install this fall before our baby arrives early 2016 and all funds are on hold. Lol.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
So thankful for this thread! It's going to help out tremendously! Thanks Eddie! Can't wait to get started! :yep:

Attachments

• 1446218872930.jpg
    1446218872930.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 333

Tree Frog

Your going to have so much fun!

Have you checked out our other threads on this as well? Might be something useful in there for you too.

I will have to agree and I have said it before this forum has helped me so much. The guys on here are great and really know their stuff. :thumb:
If I can be of any help feel free to ask.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Your going to have so much fun!

Have you checked out our other threads on this as well? Might be something useful in there for you too.

I will have to agree and I have said it before this forum has helped me so much. The guys on here are great and really know their stuff. :thumb:
If I can be of any help feel free to ask.

Thanks Tree Frog; I have maybe 3-5 threads in my subscriptions I will be referring to if/when I get stuck; along with Offroad Vegans "Install Notes". I am Planning on welding it in right off the bat, so I wont be drilling all the holes. My biggest issues is I have to get the arms in under the gun as I'm planning to use the torch/plazma/grinders/welders at work over a weekend (non automotive) so I'm planning on doing JUST the long arm in the shop at work and not messing with the shocks/springs/brakes/draglink/track bars at all, then taking it home and installing the rest of the lift at home in the garage. :thumb: just trying to figure out if I should rig up some way to lift the jeep up with the fork lift, or bring a bottle jack and some stands... I wish there were 2 cranes in the shop close enough to hook to the recovery hooks... but there isn't... I'll most likely go with a jack and stands...:doh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom