Dynomax Exhaust - does it work with flat belly skid systems?

jk12blk

My JK is being outfitted with a custom cross member which provides a flat belly protected by steel and UHMW. Question - do the Dynomax exhaust systems hang lower than the frame rails? I'm thinking of running the system Eddie runs which dumps out below the back seats of an unlimited JK, but not sure if that circular muffler hangs below the frame rails. I suppose I can call Dynomax, but I though I would post. Or, if there are other exhaust options which work with a flat belly application, please let me know. thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your gas tank will still hang lower than your exhaust and unless you're going to raise it up too, you have no need to be concerned with your exhaust.

jk12blk

Your gas tank will still hang lower than your exhaust and unless you're going to raise it up too, you have no need to be concerned with your exhaust.
Good point Eddie and I should have mentioned I went with the Genright tank due to the four link I'm running. thanks.

Devallee

Mine hangs maybe an inch or two below the frame rails. If that's an issue, there's always mufflers like the dynomax bullet (which I'm going to run) or other race type mufflers. They will have a smaller circumference which would fit your application. However it's going to sound like you're running open headers so if you don't mind the noise it will work out :thumb:

Top Bottom