Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: PSC Ram assist 2014 JKU

I'm gonna have to do this. Thanks for the update

PSC Ram assist 2014 JKU

In case you want dual batteries too.

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/12-13-...-pump-kit.html

Edit: looks like wetfoot posted that link above.

Quote Originally Posted by ridg3runner View Post
    All the different brands would have that same issue then, correct?
    I'm running the AGR Rockram system which uses the factory reservoir which means you can keep the factory airbox. So far so good. My system was professionally installed with a cooler.

Knows a Thing or Two SaddleTramp's Avatar

PSC Ram assist 2014 JKU

Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post

I looked at this as an option and considered picking up a OEM airbox off eBay to try and cut and fab a way to get a straight downhill shot to the pump for the feed line. My thought was to then figure out a way to seal it back up with some plastic or aluminum sheeting but decided it was just easier and better to leave that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by jk12blk View Post
    I'm running the AGR Rockram system which uses the factory reservoir which means you can keep the factory airbox. So far so good. My system was professionally installed with a cooler.
    I kept factory airbox too, that was the sticking point all along. I've also got a dual pass inline cooler as well.

Not sure if this is a problem with my psc with reservoir yet but when I went to Motech, Robbie was saying it was better to run this system closed loop without the res due to the fluid getting overheated and foaming up.

I wonder if this is only a problem if the line wasn't routed properly to allow a smooth gravity feed?

Thoughts?

-
    Quote Originally Posted by KrawlerJK View Post
    Not sure if this is a problem with my psc with reservoir yet but when I went to Motech, Robbie was saying it was better to run this system closed loop without the res due to the fluid getting overheated and foaming up.

I wonder if this is only a problem if the line wasn't routed properly to allow a smooth gravity feed?

Thoughts?
    Not sure...I've ran mine for a couple years with a reservoir and a inline cooler and haven't had one issue. No foaming or puking at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post

Edit: looks like wetfoot posted that link above.

Thanks MTG. I do have the new kit all installed now. I had the AIRAID CAI but that was a huge no go so I swapped back to a stock airbox. It's still a super tight fit for the reservoir and stock air box. I did have to trim the fins off both sides of the box and cut an estimated 2"x3" hole on the side to clear the corner of the reservoir. I did not have to cut a hole for the feeder hose like in the PSC pictures and have still an inch or so of clearance. I plan to patch up the airbox up this weekend and will take some pictures. To patch the hole I'm thinking some aluminum, thin plexi-glass or thicker plastic with some pop rivets and some silicon should do it? Any thoughts or pointers on how to patch that would be appreciated.
    2013 JKUR True Blue

I installed the reservoir in the same spot as the original 2 years ago (2013 JKUR). To make it fit and route the feed line down hill I installed an aFe CAI. I was clueless about this CAI problem you guys are talking about.

Now I'm wondering if I'm living on borrowed time, but so far no issues with 36k miles since.

Dave

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678