Saying HI!!... from the southern most point of the U.S.A

jelliott076

It's good to be back, but I've been off the forum for so damn long I feel like I should be starting over! ...so I'm giving a wave from Brownsville, Texas :standing wave:...ugghhh. I've seen a bunch of built up JK's since I've been down here, but no Wayalife stickers, so I've been recruiting like a madman, and wearing my t-shirts every chance I get.

Standing on the bank of the Rio Grande ..very close.. to the Southern most tip of the U.S. While we were taking the photo-op' we were getting heckled by a fairly large group of people who were waiting to cross the river.

IMG_3566.jpg

I've been down here for about three weeks on detail and have seen things 99% of the US is pleasantly blind to...but this isn't the forum for that conversation!! :naw:

The JK is nearly out of the shop, it was mainly held up by an empty checkbook. I'm getting it out of hock on Saturday and won't be able to enjoy her until mid-June when I get back to San Diego. From what the guys at Victorville Motors tell me the damn transmission truly is Barney Purple. AWESOME!!! :icon_crazy: :doh:

Soon after I get back, I'm packing her up and becoming a permanent resident of the state of Arizona. My bosses in all of there wisdom chose to approve my transfer papers to our Phoenix Office which career wise will be an awesome move. My light-skinned, temperature intolerant wife is surprisingly excited about the prospect of a new city. I'm going to have to hook up with as many Phoenix area Wayalifers as I can and get out on the local trails. It's going to be an awesome adventure.

Hopefully I'll get to a Suds'n'Grub with the SoCal crew before I head out.

Attachments

• IMG_6021.jpg
    IMG_6021.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

jelliott076

Fixed it for ya

Southpoint Hawaii (near my old residence) is the southern most tip of the U.S. ;) welcome back :standingwave:

HA!! :doh: Should've said continental to root out all of the folks from southern Florida and Hawaii! Yeah...you were a bit further south

JAGS

Hooked
Good to hear from ya again on the forum Josh. Sounds like things are looking up for you and that is awesome.

Maybe some of us so cal peeps will come out and wheel with ya in AZ once you get all the trails down.

Definitely need to get together for a SnG before you head out!

- Jason

budmanm3

Welcome back,

I think Key West may have ya beat though as far as Continental US.

Last edited:

jelliott076

HSI or ERO?

Welcome back,

I think Key West may have ya beat though as far as Continental US.

Too funny I'm going to have to change the title to the "South tip o' Tejas" I think the keys are south by inches if not more, but by inches. You'll never see this kind of foot traffic in the keys.

budmanm3

Too funny I'm going to have to change the title to the "South tip o' Tejas" I think the keys are south by inches if not more, but by inches. You'll never see this kind of foot traffic in the keys.

Nope.. they come by boat lol they only have a 90 mile trip

MistyCherie

Welcome back! You and your wife will likely love AZ, I sure did and I'm a redhead - so she'll do fine as long as you make sure she has a sunshade on the jeep!

I miss Tucson sooooo much. Lived in PHX for over a year, before moving to Tucson for another 8.5 years, PHX is sprawling huge with all the suburbs. Still have friends in Mesa, Gilbert, and Apache Junction but only one of them drives a jeep and he's currently traveling in Europe doing photography stuff.

Good to hear your coming to AZ... Not the best time of the year to move in here if your not use to the heat, so I hope your wife bears with it for four months and then she'll love the 70 to 80 degree winters!!:yup: Hope your move is good and hope to see you on the trail this winter! Welcome to Arizona. :standing wave:

jelliott076

Good to hear your coming to AZ... Not the best time of the year to move in here if your not use to the heat, so I hope your wife bears with it for four months and then she'll love the 70 to 80 degree winters!!:yup: Hope your move is good and hope to see you on the trail this winter! Welcome to Arizona. :standing wave:

70 to 80 degree winters?! Awesome! That's a little cooler than the hottest San Diego summer we've had.

Sent from my SM-G900T using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well long time no hear! Glad to see you posting up again and thanks for keeping our borders safe :thumb:

jelliott076

Well long time no hear! Glad to see you posting up again and thanks for keeping our borders safe :thumb:

What's up brother!? I've been following the Emigrant Trail FB thread and the WOL as well. That looks like one heck of a trip. Look forward to seeing you guys again. If you make it down to Phoenix we'll have to get an S & G together. I'm moving in late July which is going to be miserable weather

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What's up brother!? I've been following the Emigrant Trail FB thread and the WOL as well. That looks like one heck of a trip. Look forward to seeing you guys again. If you make it down to Phoenix we'll have to get an S & G together. I'm moving in late July which is going to be miserable weather

Are you moving to Phoenix permanently?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Josh glad to hear you're still around haha! Btw what's that tiny gold shiny thing on your belt next to your holster ? :cheesy: Sad to know you're leaving us so cal folks but happy to hear you and the fam are excited for the move. I too would love to leave this wonderfully confused state..... :eek:

Moochie

Josh glad to hear you're still around haha! Btw what's that tiny gold shiny thing on your belt next to your holster ? :cheesy: Sad to know you're leaving us so cal folks but happy to hear you and the fam are excited for the move. I too would love to leave this wonderfully confused state..... :eek:

He looks a little like Vin Diesel in that photo. :)

jelliott076

Welcome back! You and your wife will likely love AZ, I sure did and I'm a redhead - so she'll do fine as long as you make sure she has a sunshade on the jeep!

I miss Tucson sooooo much. Lived in PHX for over a year, before moving to Tucson for another 8.5 years, PHX is sprawling huge with all the suburbs. Still have friends in Mesa, Gilbert, and Apache Junction but only one of them drives a jeep and he's currently traveling in Europe doing photography stuff.

We're looking for places in Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler...and my wife is a fiery red-head as well that will have to get used to the change. The entire area out there is awesome from Globe all the way to Tucson.

jelliott076

Are you moving to Phoenix permanently?
Yeah man, this is a permanent move, at least until Melissa decides she's had enough dry heat. I think once she see's how great the area is she'll learn to tolerate the heat. I'm bailing out of Cali for all the same reasons you and Cindy did. TOO DAMNED EXPENSIVE and TOO MANY LAWS

Good to hear from you Josh, glad your doing well.

--Thank Adam and Frank!! This won't be the last you hear from me. It only adds about 6hours to my Rubicon commute and I'm 6hours closer to Moab!!

He looks a little like Vin Diesel in that photo. :)

-- Appreciate the compliment brother!! but you have me mistaken with a younger more awesome Josh. I'm the tired and broken version!

Welcome back brother

--Thanks man, miss hanging out with all of you guys.

Top Bottom