German ORV Park Fursten Forest

Mitch

One of the largest ORV parks in Europe and the largest in Germany is located near Osnabrück. It´s an old Army training facillity. Lost of fine sand and woods.
We went to the park on a hot sunny day last weekend. Temperatures where in the mid 90´s which is really hot for Germany.
2 JK´s and a ZJ. Some of you might know the pics from the JK forum. But maybeit´s new to one or the other.

191895_404462419612886_1842837364_o.jpg

616957_404462576279537_1945112126_o.jpg

there was still plenty of water an mud. A pity no girls where with us...:crazyeyes:

621763_404462726279522_298327147_o.jpg

some small obstacles witch ruined my trailer hitch, at least the lock

468656_404462906279504_1708000768_o.jpg

playin in the sand with 2wd and tryin to get stuck. But with 4wd it was no problem gettin out again.

I´m the guy with the white JKU and the ACU boonie.

It´s really a huge areal. Well maybe not that huge for US standards..... :rolleyes2: but for german standards. You can go with your own 4x4, rental 4x4, quads, can do a test ride with an old BMP-1 tank, rent Lamborghini´s , carting, paintball and and and.
There is a camp ground and a restaurant. Places to clean you and your car. And also the old shelters where , I think so, you can do small repairs at your car.

Last edited:

Mitch

Yeah, there are a couple of really nice spots in Germany. The Alps, Mecklenburg Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Sauerland for instance.
Unfortunatly the germans have this faible for regulations and everything is regulated (and forbidden) here.
They even plan a law against biking in the forrests in one state.....:eek:

It was a nice day a looking at the pictures I really fell a bit free and "far away from civilisation".......
Whcih I normally only feel when I´m looking at those trail reports in the forum.

Bizz

Good stuff! I have German friends that live near me and a few that come to see me every year. I take them all wheeling and they have so much fun! All of them tell me they never see anything like this in Germany. Everytime I go to Germany I only see a few trucks and 1 or 2 Jeeps so its great to see yall wheeling. Prost!

Atch

Looks like a fun time! I wish there was something like that around Iowa. We have to drive out of the state to go to a big off road park.

Mitch

This park is quite nice. Huge area. Was a former military camp.
I think the main problem here are the costs. I mean, we have the alps, nice trails in Italy and France. Probably a lot of terrain in the eastern countries and and and.
But you can´t afford it.
With a midddle class income you pay 40-50% taxes, mandatory insurances and so on.
20% sales tax and 70% taxes on fuel............
So what´s left of your money ? Without this it would probably realy nice here.

Didn´t know that there are places in the US worse then here. When I was working near Chicago I didn´t had time to go out a lot and looking for my hobbies there.
And if you are in the US for holidays everything is nice and cool.....

Top Bottom