Warning ! ! ! Check your front brake hoses ! ! !

JKUndaunted

I was just going over my 2007 JK unlimited checking over the brakes when I found a serious issue I thought I should share with you all. The boot the stops the hose kinking at the joint has been holding water and caused my front hoses to brake off in my hand.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKUndaunted

Im trying to upload pictures but its not working. I'll keep trying.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Delete the app and reload it. From time to time I have to do that with my phone.

R/
Will

This ^^^.

Unfortunately, we are in need of updating our app. Deleting it and then reinstalling it typically fixes the problem.

Regarding the break, I haven't run factory lines in a while so I'm not even sure what you are referring to. Please do show us what you are referring to.

kemer1

That's some scary stuff. Guess I'll have to put some steel braided brake lines on the shopping list.

JKUndaunted

I tried deleting and downloading the application but it still won't work. Ill keep trying.

JKUndaunted

I cut the sheath open with a Stanley knife to show the level of rust inside.

Attachments

• 1400884347852.jpg
    1400884347852.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 417
  • 1400884365569.jpg
    1400884365569.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 413
  • 1400884383416.jpg
    1400884383416.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 414

JKUndaunted

The rear hoses on my JK have not suffered this issue as there is no sheath covering the crimped steel section on either end of the hose. how ironic that the hose protection sheath actually causes a worse problem.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The rear hoses on my JK have not suffered this issue as there is no sheath covering the crimped steel section on either end of the hose. how ironic that the hose protection sheath actually causes a worse problem.

Not unlike a shock boot.

JKUndaunted

Yes a very similar situation however this one is a bit more serious. I will be cutting the sheaths of my new hoses immediately when they arrive.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Dang, that's no good. Another reason I'm happy I upgraded brake lines. Living in the rust belt, my 13 JK looks 10 years old underneath already. He'll my passenger axle shaft was rusted into the unit bearing, had to use a gear puller to separate them.

JKUndaunted

Yeah my jk was like that when I replaced a snapped front axle shaft yoke. The spline was heavily rusted. Copper grease before re assembly fixed the problem. And around the edge of the unit bearing where it pulls up to the knuckle with the 3 bolts.

JKbrick

Yeah my jk was like that when I replaced a snapped front axle shaft yoke. The spline was heavily rusted. Copper grease before re assembly fixed the problem. And around the edge of the unit bearing where it pulls up to the knuckle with the 3 bolts.

I used anti seize on those surfaces, is copper grease better?

gilligan

Disgraceful!.............for a vehicle of that age and supposed hardiness!.........Bloody expensive as well!........Chrysler, are you paying attention!?...............Oops!...........guess its Fiat now...............Thanks for the heads up.

Disgraceful!.............for a vehicle of that age and supposed hardiness!.........Bloody expensive as well!........Chrysler, are you paying attention!?...............Oops!...........guess its Fiat now...............Thanks for the heads up.

This is an old thread you brought back to the front page.

Welcome to the WAYALIFE. Stop by the give us a wave thread and introduce yourself.

R/
Will

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Welcome to Wayalife. thanks for bringing this back to life. care to add something useful to this

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Well if you guys would have not bumped it it might have went away....oops! This is a bump isn't it? Damn!

Top Bottom