Ball joint help!!!

noroad

Ok so two huge problems! One i just installed ball joints and they look ok but they are for ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401041072.940049.jpg so question is can i drive one them till tuesday when they re open to get new ones! Or should i just in stall the other set in the ones i just did with these ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401041160.515272.jpg and leave one side with the oem ones till later!
Question two the jk ones from them are 3 and 1/8 inchs long and the oem ones are just 3inchs with this work or are they wrong as well ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401041320.141124.jpg

toys4rocks

I'm no mechanic but I'd say leave it till you get the right ones for your jeep they might not be seated correctly and not be safe to drive

noroad

Did you already take the stock ones out before reading the box and seeing they are the wrong ones?

Yea the wrong ones are installed the oem ones on that side are toast! Bad move on my part but when u buy parts face to face u expect them to be right! So i have passenger side installed with these wrong ones and the drivers side ready to go!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Wait, you didn't read the box and installed TJ ball joints?

No I would not drive it, I'd pull the TJ's out and put the correct ones in. Leave the factory's in the other side

Last edited:

noroad

Well thinks keep getting worse tried to go back and change it and snapped a bolt off in the hub and its junk tried for over an hour to get it out an now i need a new hub so the jeep is k.o. Till tues when i can get a new hub bolts and the right ball joints

Top Bottom