What would you do?

sean.m.adams33

Due to the recent unfortunate events of my jeep being stolen I've come to a crossroads.

I loved my jeep. Everyday I was scared it would be stolen. San Diego, mission valley in known for the theft of jeep wranglers. Mine was a great target.

Two months prior another jeep was stolen that I know of. About a month ago a buddy of mine got his stolen as well, with LoJack.

The question is, knowing that if you got another one it may be stolen again, what would you do?? Get another jeep, or just wait until life brings you back together with a jeep in the future.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Don't force it. If the jeep gods bring you with another jeep then so be it. Just get a clunker until then and see what happens with insurance and all that

If you love your jeep then get another one and get a good alarm!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

10frank9

Web Wheeler
LoJack is a joke. Bottom line if someone wants your ride they will take it, no anti theft device will deter them.

If you want another Jeep, I say go get one! If you can, park it in the garage that's always your best bet. Don't let the fact it could get stolen deter you, can't live your life depriving yourself due to fear of the unknown. :yup:

David1tontj

I would throw a hidden kill switch in it to help slow them down. Frank is right- if they wan it, they will get it, but I say make it a little harder for them. Also- not saying it will help, but if I was a car thief and saw a jeep with a club on the steering wheel, I would just go find one without it. Also- have you looked into getting a trunk monkey? Bananas are cheap, and they actually fling poo in a festive manner!!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Brankz

I would throw a hidden kill switch in it to help slow them down. Frank is right- if they wan it, they will get it, but I say make it a little harder for them. Also- not saying it will help, but if I was a car thief and saw a jeep with a club on the steering wheel, I would just go find one without it. Also- have you looked into getting a trunk monkey? Bananas are cheap, and they actually fling poo in a festive manner!!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Actually you can make a kill switch for the battery and hot wire it to the ace switch or something like that

Panda

That's a great idea! The hidden kill switch is too :cheesy:

Last edited:

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER
Due to the recent unfortunate events of my jeep being stolen I've come to a crossroads.

I loved my jeep. Everyday I was scared it would be stolen. San Diego, mission valley in known for the theft of jeep wranglers. Mine was a great target.

Two months prior another jeep was stolen that I know of. About a month ago a buddy of mine got his stolen as well, with LoJack.

The question is, knowing that if you got another one it may be stolen again, what would you do?? Get another jeep, or just wait until life brings you back together with a jeep in the future.

So I jus moved to sd should I be worried that my jeep will get stollen

2013 jkr

sean.m.adams33

Great ideas. I had a garage, it didn't fit.... But if I get another one it will have to be stock for a LONG time as I depleted all my cruise money saved on my last one. That's the hard part. I don't want to keep it stock.

I know it's doubtful but do you think any of the shops will cover the parts since I had added warranties on them? I'm sure they won't since the warranty was on the part and the part is now gone...

JeepKing

That sucks.

Dude you cannot be without a jeep. Invest your money in some serious security shit with the new one and hold off on upgrades. Life without a jeep... :eek:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Again, I'm sorry that happened to you brother. If it were me, I would get another Wrangler and, as mentioned, install a kill switch. Also, I'm not sure about your insurance company, but mine allows the addition of modifications to be covered. You may want to check that out if you get another one and decide to mod it. Maybe a detachable steering wheel?

sean.m.adams33

Again, I'm sorry that happened to you brother. If it were me, I would get another Wrangler and, as mentioned, install a kill switch. Also, I'm not sure about your insurance company, but mine allows the addition of modifications to be covered. You may want to check that out if you get another one and decide to mod it. Maybe a detachable steering wheel?

I sent in all the receipts to see if the parts will be covered. Fingers crossed. If they are I would be able to buy two jeeps! Or, a new one and drop it off at ORE. But it is very unlikely.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i think the kill switch is a great idea! i have one on my boat and it shuts down all electronics except the bilge pump. a kill switch on the jeep would be great for parking it overnight.

sean.m.adams33

i think the kill switch is a great idea! i have one on my boat and it shuts down all electronics except the bilge pump. a kill switch on the jeep would be great for parking it overnight.

I used to have a little honda. Total race car. Best alarm money could buy. Three different kill switches, fuel, battery, and ignition. I was carjacked in LA, at gunpoint. Soooo, like frank said, if they want it, they'll get it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I used to have a little honda. Total race car. Best alarm money could buy. Three different kill switches, fuel, battery, and ignition. I was carjacked in LA, at gunpoint. Soooo, like frank said, if they want it, they'll get it.

It's definitely worth a shot though

yea very true, if they want it they will get it. the kill switch could be a good safety percaution so it doesnt get stolen at night if you decide on getting a new one.

Top Bottom