Oh How I Love New Windshields!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's been a while since I've replaced my windshield and not because there weren't all kinds of bullseyes, cracks and pits but rather, I just haven't had the time to do it sooner. Needless to say, I finally got around to it and oh my goodness - I've almost forgotten how nice it is. It's like there's nothing there at all :)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401313299.107960.jpg

I think this might be my 4th windshield on this Jeep. Anyway, just wanted to share how happy I am. :D

JeepFan

Hooked
This is something I really need to do! I'm still on the original windshield and at 90,000+ miles, its pretty badly peppered. :crazyeyes:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Lol! Right before a long road trip?!?

I know what you mean though. We just put a new one in the Yukon. Makes it feel like a new ride.

Krieger

Nice!! About how much did it run ya?
I've been meaning to replace mine but I keep putting it off for other mods.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
As stupid as it sounds I like the factory glass with the little jeep emblems. Lol

I should get a new one though. Hopefully it looks the same in a couple weeks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is something I really need to do! I'm still on the original windshield and at 90,000+ miles, its pretty badly peppered. :crazyeyes:

90,000+ miles and still the original one??? How is that even possible :shock: :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol! Right before a long road trip?!?

:cheesy: Funny thing is, we've been saying that for the last 2 years! And, truth be told, I would have held out longer if not for a BIG new bullseye that we just got and the fact that we will probably need to do some filming out the front window. Better to start off clean :yup:

Nice!! About how much did it run ya?
I've been meaning to replace mine but I keep putting it off for other mods.

$145 out the door at a local glass shop here in Carson City. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As stupid as it sounds I like the factory glass with the little jeep emblems. Lol

I should get a new one though. Hopefully it looks the same in a couple weeks.

That's what stickers are for :thumb:

Seriously, you can get a new factory windshield but it'll cost you more.

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Drive about a car length behind me on a gravel section - I'm sure I can help things along ;) :crazyeyes: :D

I can just imagine the beautiful gravel rooster tail. With your driving technique you may be able to "help" 2 or 3 more in the group than just Jeepfan. :eek:

Flatattack

As stupid as it sounds I like the factory glass with the little jeep emblems. Lol I should get a new one though. Hopefully it looks the same in a couple weeks.

Had mine replaced a couple months ago. It's was replaced with a factory replacement which included the little Jeep crawling up the corner.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Mine has been cracked since one of my return trips from ORE back in 2011. I'm going to get it replaced this summer, it'll be #4.

Brass Knuckles

Can't they make a windshield protection like they put on cell phones? I'm on my second one and it already has a crack.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom