Budget Build

Tyler19

I recently earned some extra money to throw into a budget I had for my Jeep, I am now going to be putting in $6000 into my Jeep. My goal is to eventually be able to run a JKX. I have many years ahead of me and I realize there's a selection process, but I want to at least be capable to run it. I have talked to Mel about it and he gave me his opinion, now I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks I should get. Im currently running 35's and a little over $6000 will be fine, so I'd appreciate hearing any ideas you might have.

RamP

If your willing to do the install yourself you're just about there for a double d long arm kit.
The kit has everything you'll need minus the driveshafts.
Not sure how your set up for axles either.

Tyler19

If your willing to do the install yourself you're just about there for a double d long arm kit.
The kit has everything you'll need minus the driveshafts.
Not sure how your set up for axles either.

You say just about there, isn't the kit just under $5000 with the king 2.5's?

RamP

Yes but you should factor in shipping, if applicable, tax if picked up. And at least the front driveshaft if you have a 4 door.
The rest could be used for axle gussets, ball joints, skid plates, beer for install day, etc.

Tyler19

You could get Bilstein or Rancho shocks and save a bit of coin and still have a nice riding rig

Sent from my iPhone

I definitely probably would lol just factoring in the most expensive add ons so I'll be sure to have plenty.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I definitely probably would lol just factoring in the most expensive add ons so I'll be sure to have plenty.

I would prob plan it out for what you think you can afford instead of planning it with the kings lol. So figure out how much the double d long arm is with the ranchos, new driveshaft(s), etc. Doing it this way should really help you plan your build a little more.

Sent from my iPhone

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yes but you should factor in shipping, if applicable, tax if picked up. And at least the front driveshaft if you have a 4 door.
The rest could be used for axle gussets, ball joints, skid plates, beer for install day, etc.

^^^^ this!

Sent from my iPhone

Tyler19

I would prob plan it out for what you think you can afford instead of planning it with the kings lol. So figure out how much the double d long arm is with the ranchos, new driveshaft(s), etc. Doing it this way should really help you plan your build a little more.

Sent from my iPhone

You're definitely right. I've been told to just get a short arm, but I'm dreaming of eventually running coilovers just like the majority of everyone on here. Hahaha

Top Bottom