Cargo Nets

jkjurny

Anyone have reviews on the different cargo nets when going topless? I see MotionTek, DirtyDog, Smittybilt. I'm interested in the MotionTek rear and rear window for an Unlimited, as I already have a Spiderwebshade for the roof/top.

Hows the quality of MotionTek versus the other brands?

Ldogg

Take a look at raingler too. They make top notch stuff. I haven't used their cargo nets but I have their molle panels on my doors and tailgate and it's well made.

redtx

I have a dirty dog and as much as I like it I like the quality of the safari buckles and strap holders more.... But they are both great cargo nets mine never comes off

DaK

Safari strap fan here. Local and small business to us with great people and they wheel what they sell/make.

Jkjamesdawson

Safari straps for sure. Great customer service. I had one of their cargo nets that was discontinued, when I wanted it replaced they offered to custom make it even though they no longer offer it on their website.

Cadima

Sorry to revive such an old thread but I figured its better than a new thread on the same subject. I want to add some safari straps to my JKU but it says I need a tailgate bar to mount the netting. This looks to be something soft top users have on their tailgate. I only have a hard top so will adding this tailgate bar prevent my hard top from going on? Just a little confused on how it would not interfere with the hard tops. Thanks for any insight!

Assuming you will be running the safari straps nets with no hard top on?

If so, the soft top rail can be purchased on its own from Mopar or aftermarket outlets. It should come with 2 plastic clips which snap to the belt rail on either side of the rear tailgate door. The rail just goes into those clips. When your ready to take off the netting and put the hard top on, then you just unclip the plastic clips, and your hardtop is good to go.

If you plan to run the netting with the hardtop on, you can, you would just not be clipping the back center part to anything.

I have a 2 door and run a Best Top rear deck cover. Only time I clip the netting down is when I have the dog in the car, and the deck cover off.

HTH

D

Will42019

Sorry to revive such an old thread but I figured its better than a new thread on the same subject. I want to add some safari straps to my JKU but it says I need a tailgate bar to mount the netting. This looks to be something soft top users have on their tailgate. I only have a hard top so will adding this tailgate bar prevent my hard top from going on? Just a little confused on how it would not interfere with the hard tops. Thanks for any insight!

I have safari straps on my JKU and didn't even bother to get the tailgate bar. Unless you have a little dog that could potentially squeeze through without the bar, it isn't a necessity.

BIGTARS

So it doesn't dangle and flap around?

Here's what it looks like without the bar on the tailgate. I also have the safari straps and have not purchased the tailgate bar yet and actually since the straps are so tight, I have no movement in the back with out the hooks attached. Because of that I may not bother to purchase the bar
vaduza2y.jpg

Top Bottom