What was your first vehicle?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
We all have one thing in common, we have a love for Jeeps, the outdoors and the Wayalife. But we all started somewhere, right?

What was your first vehicle (car, truck, motorcycle)?

I had a modest upbringing and didn't get my first car until I went off to college. A good ol 4-door 1984 Honda Accord 4 speed, complete with primer spots and a saggy headliner. I used to rock the portable CD player (anti-skip my ass) with the cassette tape fm transmitter. :cheesy: That thing got me around for three solid years (and three clutches later). I wouldn't dare post a photo of that poor thing I'm sure it violates not only the law of the international Geneva interwebs treaty, but the law of common decency. That thing was UGLY.

So let's hear it.

aldaman

Got my 1st vehicle at 16yrs old. It was an '88 Toyota Hilux, thereafter got into Toyota 4wd trucks...

88Hilux.jpg

22r-SideDraft.jpg

aldaman

David1tontj

It was a bone stock 72 fj40 land cruiser that I bought from my uncle for $500. It needed a clutch and brakes, it was funny because It didn't want to get going, then when it did get going, it wouldn't stop! My dad taught me everything he knew about them and how to work on it, but he never laid a hand on it. Just sat in a beach chair explaining to me what to do.

A couple years after I bought it, I had completely hacked it up and made it "better". Haha. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401597991.460063.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401598037.789899.jpg

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401597950.681464.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401597950.681464.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 236

StrizzyChris

My dad lended me this for the first 6 months to save up money to buy my own

surb20.jpg

Then I blew that wad I saved on this POS...1985 Dodge Daytona Turbo

38572110001_original.jpg

First real car a 1968 VW Squareback. Had it for about 4 months then my best friend rolled it. Then moved to a 1972 VW Superbeetle. Drove that car until my second year in the Navy. Miss both if those cars. Customized the Superbeelte to fit me. Lowered and moved the seats back 6 inches so I could be more comfortable.

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

SaddleTramp

'75 Ford Bronco, wish I still had it, still running around my home town after the neighbors bought it for their son.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401619930.650601.jpg

DA RUNT

Hand built cart with 10 spd rims and custom axle. Later added coil overs and an EVO drag link flip kit.

Attachments

• donkey-with-cart.jpg
    donkey-with-cart.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 183

09blackruby

86 Nissan Sentra, 4 door, 4 speed. Funny u mention the portable CD player, that didn't skip.. Haha. Had one too.. I seem to remember listening to a bunch of Guns & Roses back then.. Was a very good practical car, that I had to sell because all I could dream about was Toyota truck which I ended up getting, lifting and adding 33's. Those days were a blast!

gleno99

1980 Toyota pickup I drove from age 16 to 23. The truck was 9 years old when I got it. That truck was tough. Only had to change the water pump, clutch and alternator the whole time I had it. It had 150k miles when I got rid of it.

Top Bottom