Wave from Wyoming

Wyo

I have a Commando JK Rubicon - I've been slowly adding armor - and other details - and starting to consider some bigger stuff. Hoping to get a more aggressive bumper, and possibly a lift in the next year. Either way - I love the freedom this Jeep gives me!

The wife and I went through the Black Hills this weekend with some good mud, trees, and rocks. Almost buried it once, but eased it all the way through. We loved it!

I took a few great photos, but haven't had luck uploading to the site :thinking:. Guess, I'm a bit of a noob still to the site.

Anyway - I'm honored to join you all in this adventure!

xkid

Welcome and can't wait for the pics.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wyo

Thanks all! I am very glad to be here!

Figured out my photo problem too! :applaudit:

MedPhoto.JPG

Wyo

By request - more Black Hills photos...I have quickly learned - i need to bring a photographer along....can't drive and take photos too we!! :D

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Where in Wyoming are these black hills?
By south Dakota?

Last edited:

Wyo

Where in Wyoming are these black hills?
By south Dakota?

The photos are actually from South Dakota. Just outside of Deadwood. Went there this last weekend for a wedding...

Though - it does look like on the Wyoming side there are some great Jeep possibilities in the 4-corners area, between Newcastle and Sundance.

The wife and I are thinking of doing some Camping/Jeeping at Libby Flats outside of Saratoga this weekend or next - have you done that trail before?

Last edited:

olram30

The photos are actually from South Dakota. Just outside of Deadwood. Went there this last weekend for a wedding...

Though - it does look like on the Wyoming side there are some great Jeep possibilities in the 4-corners area, between Newcastle and Sundance.

The wife and I are thinking of doing some Camping/Jeeping at Libby Flats outside of Saratoga this weekend or next - have you done that trail before?

Oh yeah, the snowies are my favorite. There is a nice trail by libby flats that take you to bear lake, very beautiful lake. Then to silver run lake. Then head down further south on a nice trail to Rob Roy reservoir. There is still a lot of snow in the snowies right now. Not sure if the side roads are open. There are also some good trails on the north side of hw130.

olram30

Here is a picture of hw 130 maybe a week or two ago. This is the main road to get to Libby flats. I'm waiting till maybe July to get up there. So we planned a trip to the wind rivers by lander until this snow melts.

Attachments

• 1401896503402.jpg
    1401896503402.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 1401896515967.jpg
    1401896515967.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 1401896527583.jpg
    1401896527583.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 18

Wyo

Here is a picture of hw 130 maybe a week or two ago. This is the main road to get to Libby flats. I'm waiting till maybe July to get up there. So we planned a trip to the wind rivers by lander until this snow melts.

Wow! Good to know - I' guess I'll be waiting until August! :)

Anyway - if you'd be interested in a meetup in Lander - let me know! That's somewhat equal from Rawlins and Casper in distance...

olram30

Wow! Good to know - I' guess I'll be waiting until August! :)

Anyway - if you'd be interested in a meetup in Lander - let me know! That's somewhat equal from Rawlins and Casper in distance...

We are planning on going to Christina lake and Shoshone lake near Lander maybe in July. The road is closed up there also. But I think it should be open and dried up a little soon.

Wyo

We are planning on going to Christina lake and Shoshone lake near Lander maybe in July. The road is closed up there also. But I think it should be open and dried up a little soon.

Sweet - let me know if you have room for a tag-a-long when the time comes around...

Top Bottom