Rancho rock rear bumper

gleno99

Does anyone have experience with the Rancho rear bumper and carrier that is $500. It says it holds up to a 37 tire which is what I'll be running. I think it looks pretty good. Also, my wife is bitching about the cost of everything I am ordering now for my build. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i have no experience with this bumper but if its anything like their other products im sure its a ver solid set up. i like how it is tied into the tailgate for a easy open design.

Wittys-JK

Not sure if you are looking at the new one that also attaches to the tail gate and swings open with the carrier. I have the older version where the carrier is independent of the tail gate and at times it can be a pain to have to open them both to get in and out quickly. My bumper is solid and carries a 35" tire with out a problem.
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG

Last edited:

gleno99

Not sure if you are looking at the new one that also attaches to the tail gate and swings open with the carrier. I have the older version where the carrier is independent of the tail gate and at times it can be a pain to have to open them both to get in and out quickly. My bumper is solid and carries a 35" tire with out a problem.
View attachment 86571
View attachment 86572

That's the one. It looks good and cheap! Cool I may go ahead and buy it. Thanks.

gleno99

i have no experience with this bumper but if its anything like their other products im sure its a ver solid set up. i like how it is tied into the tailgate for a easy open design.

I was looking at the cheaper version. Thanks anyway.

gleno99

Is it worth $500 or would you spend extra to get a better one if you could start over? Thanks.

Wittys-JK

Is it worth $500 or would you spend extra to get a better one if you could start over? Thanks.

I bartered for mine so it didn't cost me $500 but I have seen these as low as $400 from time to time on some sites. The bumper serves its purpose and is very stout for a $500 bumper as well as being minimalistic so it appears small once on the jeep. My only complaints are having to open the swing gate and then the tail gate itself as it can be a pain sometimes if you need to get in and out quickly. The other complaint I have is where the high lift mounts on the carrier. When my high lift is on I have to be extra careful not to bang the tail gate on the jack because it sticks out just far enough so that it doesn't clear. For now it does the job and I make do as I build up my suspension and axles so it is not going to get changed anytime soon. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom