Down to 11/32" on my 35 BFG KM2s, how low should I go?

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Like the title says, tread on BFGs is about down to 11/32 of an inch. I put less than 8000 miles on Jeep a year, with about 1 offloading trip a month, mostly rock crawling. I'm getting ready to head up to Colorado for our annual offroading in the high rockies. It's the most pavement driving I'll do this summer ( the drive up is about 6 hours where we are headed and then another possibly 2 hours). I don't really have extra money currently to buy new tires but if safety is compromised I'd rather not chance it. What's the least amount of tread depth you'd be comfortable with? Who recommends I buy now? Your input is greatly appreciated :thumb:

jesse3638

Hooked
DOT regulations on commercial vehicles (Class A/B vehicles) are 4/32's for the front and 2/23's for the rear. You're probably fine as long as there is no sign of excessive damage. I'm not sure of the tread depth to the wear bars on the tire but those are typically good indicators as to when to look into replacing them.

StrizzyChris

As long as the wear is even, you can drive until 3/32 or 2/32...you still have quite a bit of life left in them.

Top Bottom