FLORENCE JUNCTION : Arizona Fun Run in the Sun

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Back in May, our good friends Greg and Dave from Powerline Patrol, invited Mel of Off Road Evolution, Cindy and I out to the Arizona desert to run a few of the trails they have out in the Florence Junction area. For those of you who’ve never been out to this part of Arizona, it is surprisingly lush with vegetation, filled with all kinds of history and has some of the most challenging trails I've ever run and, let me tell you, the rocks there are razor sharp. In all, we ended up running a total of 7 beautiful and epic trails including Martinez Canyon (now officially closed), Box Canyon, Jack Handle, Orville’s Loop, the infamous Axel Alley, Upper Woodpecker and Highway to Hell and all in one scorching hot day. In this short video, you’ll get to see some highlights of the trails and of course, all the fun we had playing on them. I hope you enjoy.

Florence Arizona Fun Run

StrizzyChris

awesome as usual! Im gonna mount a mel to my front bumper instead of a warn....I dont think it would be called a 1/4 punder at that point but whatever

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! it was pretty cool. mel was all set to hook greg up but then decided to just lean into it and pull with all his might. next thing we knew, greg was cresting the ledge. it was awesome.

GCM 2

Great filming and editing as always Cindy! It's crazy how much trail mileage we compressed into those two days :icon_crazy: such a fun run with you guys, thanks again for wheeling with us in our state :thumb:

Edit: ok, 4th time watching the video now. Your editing has gotten even more refined, the music not only matches the vibe we had going on out there, but is so perfectly synch'd with what the jeeps are doing. Just fantastic!

Last edited:

GCM 2

Sweet video. Greg cracks me up.

Haha! That's what I'm here for! In all seriousness we had blast, and because all four rigs were nearly identical builds (minus my craptastic tires) and so capable, we were able to literally blast thru some epic terrain. Its just too funny I gave Eddie hell for getting high centered, then I go and destroy a quarter panel :cheesy:

Awesome, as always! Those obstacles look enormous and it speaks volumes for the setups on your Jeeps! Got to love EVO!

Greg, EVO JEEP is so badass! All of your mods are awesome (including the California Car Duster :cheesy:). Hopefully my rig will be as capable (and clean) as yours one day :rigenvy:

GCM 2

Awesome, as always! Those obstacles look enormous and it speaks volumes for the setups on your Jeeps! Got to love EVO!

Truly, EVO mfg makes great equipment and Off Road Evolution builds some extremely capable rigs. Just look at what that shop has produced lately; The Vengeance Build and the Built by EBay "EBay1" 2012 Jeepster! One of a kind builds. So when the smack talking begins on the internet forums with all the hardcore wheelers referencing their kit and capabilities......well, thanks to Bleedbeat and Wayolife, we have super high quality videos proving what ours can stand up to ;)

Greg, EVO JEEP is so badass! All of your mods are awesome (including the California Car Duster :cheesy:). Hopefully my rig will be as capable (and clean) as yours one day :rigenvy:

Thanks my brother! Although my rig was pretty damn dusty in that video, and a little rock rashed too, but I do like a clean mall crawler :rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome as usual!

Awesome video. :clap2:

Sweet video. Greg cracks me up.

Thanks guys, we really are glad that you liked it. :cool:

Great filming and editing as always Cindy! It's crazy how much trail mileage we compressed into those two days :icon_crazy: such a fun run with you guys, thanks again for wheeling with us in our state :thumb:

Edit: ok, 4th time watching the video now. Your editing has gotten even more refined, the music not only matches the vibe we had going on out there, but is so perfectly synch'd with what the jeeps are doing. Just fantastic!

we really had a great time with you and dave and are grateful that you invited us out to play. the trails and the heat were tough!!

Haha! That's what I'm here for! In all seriousness we had blast, and because all four rigs were nearly identical builds (minus my craptastic tires) and so capable, we were able to literally blast thru some epic terrain. Its just too funny I gave Eddie hell for getting high centered, then I go and destroy a quarter panel :cheesy:

LOL!! i am sorry for giving your tires such a hard time, i know how sensitive they are :D seriously though, i think you're gonna love the noise grapplers you now have. as far as your trail damage goes, at least you gave it a try.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Awesome video! Greg is right, this really whets the appetite. Or in my case makes my palms sweat. :)

Trail_Creeper

Finally got a chance to get on the laptop and watch this video. I have pretty much made up my mind now, that i'm going to the South West after my 2nd tour in Alaska... That is if we want to leave AK.

Awesome video as always! :rock:

FoxC

Great video! Makes me wanna go out and wedge my rig between to huge boulders...;) Cant wait to see what you guys dig up on JKX!!!!:shock:

GCM 2

Greg is a badass pulling on EVO1 at the end :thumb:

You know EVO1was actually first up the waterfall. As I was looking at Mel's first attempt, which was so close, he and I had an epiphany at the same time; Climb onto his stinger and add 212lbs of Greg leverage on the nose of EVO1! Sometimes that is all it takes, and that was clear when Mel literally pulled on my winch line to ge me over. At the beginning of the video when I was smack talking Eddie getting high centered on the pointy rock, truth be known, we probably could have pulled Moby off that by hand. He was so close to driving off of that obstacle :icon_crazy:

Top Bottom