Flatties or nah?

BamaBoyJK

I'm wanting to get your opinions wether or not I should add flat fenders on my jeep. Don't want my tires to look too small. I currently have 295 toyos on a teraflex lift. Don't know what size lift I bought it with it already installed. But here's the pic tell me what ya think! Other pics would be awesome too! Thanks! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402277277.834942.jpg

gleno99

I'm wanting to get your opinions wether or not I should add flat fenders on my jeep. Don't want my tires to look too small. I currently have 295 toyos on a teraflex lift. Don't know what size lift I bought it with it already installed. But here's the pic tell me what ya think! Other pics would be awesome too! Thanks! View attachment 86998

I don't think your tires would look too small with flat fenders or if you cut them.

finger3

If you go flat you'll need to customize your front and rear bumpers and loose the steps to look right. It ends up being a little more of a pain then you expected at first:twocents:

xkid

Looks good just like that. Those 34s? Do you wheel much?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DK'sJK

I feel if you cut them or put on the flat fenders you'll want to go with bigger tires. I have 35's and cut mine. I also have a 2.5" lift and now I am wanting to go with 37's to fill in the space. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and show you. It looked good with the pre cut fenders on.

BamaBoyJK

Looks good just like that. Those 34s? Do you wheel much?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah the 295 toyos are 34s (well that's what everyone says). I don't wheel to much but I like the look of the Flatties. I'm wanting to go hit the trails especially now that I have a GoPro!!

BamaBoyJK

I feel if you cut them or put on the flat fenders you'll want to go with bigger tires. I have 35's and cut mine. I also have a 2.5" lift and now I am wanting to go with 37's to fill in the space. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and show you. It looked good with the pre cut fenders on.

Pics would be awesome! Thanks for the input.

BamaBoyJK

If you go flat you'll need to customize your front and rear bumpers and loose the steps to look right. It ends up being a little more of a pain then you expected at first:twocents:

I see what your talking about with the front bumper, a full width bumper and flats would look weird. But what would I need to do to the rear?

finger3

I see what your talking about with the front bumper, a full width bumper and flats would look weird. But what would I need to do to the rear?

I took mine off for a while planning to buy an aftermarket bumper that would fit right with flats but decided to get a second car in case I break something and just put the plastic one back with a little trim job. I'm not really a fan of the no bumper look.
IMG_20140511_193538_586.jpg

HILLZ

I've got full width ARB front and rear bars and just did the flare chop slightly different so the body lines would still flow. 2.5" lift and 35's fitted. I thought about getting flat flares but didn't like the way they look with full width bars.

DSC00618.1.jpg

hope this helps you out. :thumb:

JDDK

i have 285s and stock bumpers with a 3 inch Teralift. just trimmed mine yesterday and the look is a million times better. I have been caught numerous times staring at it in the last 24hrs.

09 white jku 3" Teraflex, Metalcloak CAs, trackbar, tie, tera30 front axle, trutracs, 4.88s, 33" Nittos on Pro Comps, Besttop kit, quadrafloormats...

JKRandall

I'm wanting to get your opinions wether or not I should add flat fenders on my jeep. Don't want my tires to look too small. I currently have 295 toyos on a teraflex lift. Don't know what size lift I bought it with it already installed. But here's the pic tell me what ya think! Other pics would be awesome too! Thanks! View attachment 86998

Your rig looks great the way it is:thumb:

BamaBoyJK

i have 285s and stock bumpers with a 3 inch Teralift. just trimmed mine yesterday and the look is a million times better. I have been caught numerous times staring at it in the last 24hrs.

09 white jku 3" Teraflex, Metalcloak CAs, trackbar, tie, tera30 front axle, trutracs, 4.88s, 33" Nittos on Pro Comps, Besttop kit, quadrafloormats...

When you get a chance, can you get a picture??

BamaBoyJK

I've got full width ARB front and rear bars and just did the flare chop slightly different so the body lines would still flow. 2.5" lift and 35's fitted. I thought about getting flat flares but didn't like the way they look with full width bars.

View attachment 87018

hope this helps you out. :thumb:

That's a nice looking Jeep, I like the setup and color! I'm thinking maybe my tires would look a little weak with flats. I may keep my setup. Idk ;/

Panda

I cut my fenders with 33's, the tires did look smaller with a little to much space on 2.5 lift, then traded to 35's & I think it looks perfect with after market bumpers, better to cut your stockers then waste your $ on steel flatties which can damage your body if you bump into something off roading :thumb:
With 33's ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402325112.007812.jpg
With 35's ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402325168.550364.jpg

BamaBoyJK

I cut my fenders with 33's, the tires did look smaller with a little to much space on 2.5 lift, then traded to 35's & I think it looks perfect with after market bumpers, better to cut your stockers then waste your $ on steel flatties which can damage your body if you bump into something off roading :thumb:
With 33's View attachment 87037
With 35's View attachment 87038

I think the 35s look awesome but I also think the 33s didn't look bad either.

DK'sJK

With 33's View attachment 87037
With 35's View attachment 87038

I like the Nitto sticker. Where did you find one? Also how is you CB mounted? I'm looking at getting one before we take off to the mountains.

Dont you love the humming of the tires?

Panda

I like the Nitto sticker. Where did you find one? Also how is you CB mounted? I'm looking at getting one before we take off to the mountains.

Dont you love the humming of the tires?

The decal is from decal monkey online, my cb is mounted above the mirror with an EZ mount from 4wheel parts although I've heard of cheaper mounts on another thread and there's a DIY you can get a couple conduit loop mounts and four small bolts and bolt it to your freedom top loop, and yes I love the sound of the nitto muds :rock:

suicideking

I think it would look great with aftermarket fenders. I'm just not a fan of the OEM fenders.

There are some fenders that will make it look like there's too much space. Metalcloak would be one of them since they allow a lot of clearance. Just take a look at all of them. Some are more curved and less flat. Poison Spyder makes some that would look good.

Top Bottom