Exercised my new 5.13 gears to reach amazing view

UndeadJeeper

Yesterday some friends and I went for a quick off-road trip. I just recently upgraded my rig to 5.13 gears (thanks Clayton!) and I was really eager to find out whether or not they made a difference. I was actually shocked at how MUCH of a difference they made. The trail we were on ranged from green to blue to "dark blue" (a really steep sheer rock face with nothing to grip on with a potential off-camber roll spot nearby). In first gear, coasting, it slogged through super deep mud pits and even climbed up out of the pits without me hitting the gas. After climbing and only one real pucker moment, we reached the top:

king_of_the_hill.jpg

On the way down, first gear held me so tight on the descent that I actually had to tap the gas a few times to go down hill faster than a snail's pace. The other rig with me was fairly well equipped but her Jeep did a lot of bouncing and significantly more wheel spin whereas mine just crawled through, slow and steady. We were even on street pressure tires (forgot to air down) and still managed to just crawl over everything. I could not possibly be more happy with the improvement the gears made.

Moral of the story: I love my new gears and, of course, only a Jeep can get you to a beautiful view like the one above.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Nice. Always the best mod!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

sc_rhino

Good to hear that. I've got 513s installed but haven't driven with them yet. Felt pretty good with 410s before.

cbetts

Awesome story! Many people underestimate the potential of low gearing. I especially love having the ability to idle down steep slopes without touching the brakes.

Top Bottom