Top gear us

firecrew1

a couple months back I was just screwing around in the Sedona area, I noticed a AEV brute double cab, a lr3 from overland journal, and a prototype fj come to find out it was a filming for Top Gear, and it just happens to be airing tonight :wings:

Way to go... Would have love to seen them! Great show, never miss it! Neat that it was here in Arizona, a little 'Broken Arrow' and some cinder hills, and the power sliding through the snow board course was way cool! And the Jeep 'Brute' kicked ass :rock: :rock:

kemer1

Apparently none of them heard of airing down. They made a mess of the devils staircase. That Jeep with the 6.4 and 38's should have had 0 issue crawling up that.

BadApple

The lady leading it is a good friend of mine Nena Barlow owner of Barlow Jeep rentals in Sedona. She is an avid wheeler and runs an off road school.

kemer1

I won't argue that the original Top Gear is an amazing bit of television. Also trying to compare the UK and US one is a no contest. But I will say, that for what it is, the US show isn't horrible. The big disservice to the show is that it carries the Top Gear name so it draws comparison with the UK show. If it had been called anything else it would be able to hold its own with anything else the US produces.

Clockwork

Top gear US is bad to a point but I'm biased towards the UK version. Now top gear Korea is horrible!! Makes the US version feel like the UK version.

sean.m.adams33

Top gear UK is awesome. I'd have to agree that under a different title top gear US would thrive. But the standard the UK one has set is to high. And... The Stig. Come on.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
No comparison to the UK version, but I like to watch the US show for the cars. If they'd get rid of Adam, the show would be better. James May might be "Captain Slow", but at least he can drive. Adam knows nothing about the cars he's driving in the show other than what the producers tell him when he gets behind the wheel.

Wethy

Just gonna give this thread a bump but the episode aired 2-3weeks ago.... and the jeep "won" ha ha I usually stick to the UK myself but I got bored and was an intriguing episode to say the least
Edit: somehow I missed the its airing tonight part. My bad ha ha

Sent from my SGH-I337M using WAYALIFE mobile app

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Ive been watching Top gear UK for many years now, absolutely love it. I watch Top gear US now as well, I just dont compare the two. They both have their good points, but mainly I have been a fan of Tanner Foust for a few years, so that is why I still watch the US version.

Clark Griswold

Every episode of Top Gear UK since it started is on Netflix, the season specials are the best entertainment on TV out there in my opinion, pretty hard act to follow.

kyle521

I think its dumb to try to compare them. I enjoy watching both. I feel as american is more towards well, america. It has more trucks/ offroading stuff and for high end super cars the british one is great

brooklyn4x4

I have watched every single episode of both versions all the episodes on Netflix till current of the UK version and all of the american version yes the UK is better but they are both entertaining and the american one is getting better now that the cast is building more of a relationship amongst them selves. If you say the American one sucks its just because you had to high of standards expecting it to be exactly like the UK version which has had 20+ seasons to mature and become what it is. If you watch the first couple of seasons of the UK version they are no where near as good as they are now.

tuna

I love O.G. UK Top Gear and can't really stand the US one. Each to their own but if it wasn't called "Top Gear" it wouldn't pick up 1/3rd of the viewers. There are some amazing youtube shows like Roadkill and Chris Harris on cars, etc. which do an amazing job of filling in the gaps of the pretty terrible cable programming car shows.

Top Bottom