Programmer?

BearClaw

I was thinking about purchasing a programmer so i can change my shift points since i put 35s on my rig hoping it will bring my mpgs a little. Also would like to try to get the best bang for my buck(horse power,mpg,quality,etc). I was kinda leaning towards the Bully Dog GT since i would be able to lock the axels in while I'm in 4high and 2wheel drive and the idol control settings for the winch. Dont really know what the benefits are of some of the other chips but i had a Bully Dog programmer in my diesel and it was excellent. Would like to know what every thinks and the pros cons of the best programmers. Thanks

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Honestly, I think you might be better off just reading some of the features listed on the manufacturers website. Then looking at the similarities and differences between them, you could ask the audience at large do we think feature xx is worth the extra money over brand yy that doesn't have that. Or another way to look at it would be what minimum features should I look at in a programmer. Those are things people can easily give you opinions about.

Not everyone has a Bully Dog, nor has researched that one specifically to tell you what makes it more awesome than any other out one there.

Mustafa

I have the bullydog gt in my 08 rubi....you will be able to readjust tire size and gears if you need to. The regular tune is pretty awesome. On 35's with 4.88 on my 6 speed i can call 17mpg. Driveability is better. As far as locking the axles and disabling the swaybar in 2wd it does't work correctly. To unlock the axles you have to cycle the key. You can disable the abs and traction control it it leaves the check lights on"annoyin to me". The idle up for winching works great. The offroad setting is nice with the manual it "dummies" the pedal and raises the idle about 300rpm.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom