Spartacus - 1965 Jeep Gladiator J-200

StrizzyChris

Well as of today, I am ecstatic to say that I've finally joined the crew of classic Jeep owners! I came home from the "Wayalife Rockin Rubicon Trip" to being surprised by Kim with my next project for our 2yr anniversary.

1403120215072.jpg

1403120234721.jpg

1403120253000.jpg

The add from the guy that she bought it from:

1965 JEEP GLADIATOR THRIFTSIDE J 200 4X4 Manual transmission, "three on the tree", straight six 230 ci Tornado motor, 75,000 original miles, has brand new radiator, new fuel pump, rebuilt water pump, professionally rebuilt carburetor, New stainless muffler, brand new clutch, custom Abs door panels, full tune up all belts hoses, filters, points, condenser, cap, rotor, plugs, all fluids changed or topped off, brand new 1200.00 paint job factory original paint code, brand new BFG Mud Terrain tires 31's, had the under carriage blasted, floors professionally stripped and Rhino Lined

Very minor surface rust in the bed and some dings and dents throughout the body, but overall a beautiful truck and great SLOW restoration project. I must say, I'm one lucky fella! Huge thanks and I love you to my "Booger" Kim

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Wow! Very cool. :clap2:

Nice meeting you in person yesterday, even if only briefly.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well as of today, I am ecstatic to say that I've finally joined the crew of classic Jeep owners! I came home from the "Wayalife Rockin Rubicon Trip" to being surprised by Kim with my next project for our 2yr anniversary.

View attachment 87901

View attachment 87902

View attachment 87903

Very minor surface rust in the bed and some dings and dents throughout the body, but overall a beautiful truck and great SLOW restoration project. I must say, I'm one lucky fella! Huge thanks and I love you to my "Booger" Kim

that thing is freaking awesome! congrats on the new ride chris! man if that thing was back east im sure it would be way worse rust wise.

StrizzyChris

Thanks everyone! I am very lucky to have found a great gal! I too am a huge fan of the grill. It is my favorite part of the red Sema concept from a couple years back.

StrizzyChris

Nice meeting you in person yesterday, even if only briefly.

Likewise! Hopefully we can hit a trail before too long and I head back east. :yup:

man if that thing was back east im sure it would be way worse rust wise.

You're not kidding! I've been looking at a 65 to 78 pickup for a few years and there are none back home that you can't see through the cab or bed.

That project is looking already fairly wrapped up.... What's the plans?

Well it is in great condition, but it has it's fair share of dings and dents. Over the next 5 years or maybe more, I'll be completely stripping it down and doing body work.

How's the interior looking? Any pics?

The interior is structurally sound but the dash is the one aspect in need of some serious cleanup and swap meat OEM replacements done. I'll post up more pics including interior soon.

Top Bottom