Soft Tops

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Looking for the "best" soft top that adds the least amount of height to the Jeep. Pro/Cons of each?

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
^This^ X2

The TrekTop NX height profile I believe is lower than the OEM top.......so if you looking to shave off a couple of inches in height you may find it using this top........I can provide some side profile shots if you need.......as far as pros and cons.......I really don't have any cons to mention....it's been everything I could ask for in a top for me........the lack of window storage on board may be a hassle for some people..........but if you have a SpiderWebShade like I do you could do what i did here.....

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?17054-Rampage-or-Bestop-Soft-top/page3

Out of all the soft tops available for the JK (Bestop, Rampage, Smittybuilt) I'd have to say Bestop is the industry leader........the fit and finish of my top is top notch.

~Woodrow~

Last edited:

CZEBJKU

I have the Trek Top NX. It appears to be the same height as my hard top when installed. The problem I do have is that when I take the hard top off the rear of my jeep comes up about 1/2 to 1 inch. I still clear my garage just fine. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ldogg

Trektop NX with their saddle bags. Roll up the bikini top and it sits in front of the gate, with the rear window, and the sides go in the saddle bags. The only downside to any fastback top is that you loose some room in the back. On a JKU it's not a big deal but on the 2 door the slant comes right behind the rear seats and so you decrease an already small area. On the flip side it looks good, and it's easy to peal off.

Top Bottom