Planning a build for your kids?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Though this would be a great thread for the dads and moms here. Are you planning a build for your kids? If so what? I'm thinking of either an xj or wj/zj because of the initial price being lower. No idea on the build path though.

2014 JKUR

KingCopperhead

My son is 10 and loves Jeeps.

I've had my TJ since 1997. I'll never get rid of it. Even though I just bought a 14 JK last week. My son already knows the TJ going to be his first vehicle. It needs some frame rust repair but it runs like a champ with 168k miles on it's 4.0 he's off to a good start with mods too :) installed an Old Man Emu 2.5" ultimate kit from DPG offroad last fall, brown dog motor mounts, 1.25" bl and jks quick discos, metalcloak Overland fenders and Goodyear mtr tires. My plan is to steadily restore the frame, do a Ford 8.8 rear end with disc brakes.

It has a manual transmission. If he wants to drive, he will have to learn how to drive stick. He won't pay me a dime for the Jeep but he can't ever sell it. Making him the same deal my parents made for me: keep your grades up, play a sport, no tickets, no reckless driving, and the vehicle is his and I'll cover expenses. Break those rules and I get the keys and he can ride his bike.

Can't wait to do a father and son trip to moab when he is old enough. In the meantime he is going to be my copilot for my first Rausch Creek trip this summer he is so excited.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

jconn47

My son is 10 and loves Jeeps.

I've had my TJ since 1997. I'll never get rid of it. Even though I just bought a 14 JK last week. My son already knows the TJ going to be his first vehicle. It needs some frame rust repair but it runs like a champ with 168k miles on it's 4.0 he's off to a good start with mods too :) installed an Old Man Emu 2.5" ultimate kit from DPG offroad last fall, brown dog motor mounts, 1.25" bl and jks quick discos, metalcloak Overland fenders and Goodyear mtr tires. My plan is to steadily restore the frame, do a Ford 8.8 rear end with disc brakes.

It has a manual transmission. If he wants to drive, he will have to learn how to drive stick. He won't pay me a dime for the Jeep but he can't ever sell it. Making him the same deal my parents made for me: keep your grades up, play a sport, no tickets, no reckless driving, and the vehicle is his and I'll cover expenses. Break those rules and I get the keys and he can ride his bike.

Can't wait to do a father and son trip to moab when he is old enough. In the meantime he is going to be my copilot for my first Rausch Creek trip this summer he is so excited.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's awesome man! I hope to do the same thing with my son when he's older. He's only about three weeks old right now but hopefully by the time he can drive I'll have some mods ready for him. I originally was going to buy a truck but after remembering all those times in my dad's old XJ I just couldn't pass up that bonding experience. Jeepin will remain in our blood!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
That's awesome man! I hope to do the same thing with my son when he's older. He's only about three weeks old right now but hopefully by the time he can drive I'll have some mods ready for him. I originally was going to buy a truck but after remembering all those times in my dad's old XJ I just couldn't pass up that bonding experience. Jeepin will remain in our blood!

Ha. My first is only one but I take him in the jeep as often as I can. Can't wait to wrench and wheel with him. And the next one the is due in Feb 15

2014 JKUR

jconn47

Ha. My first is only one but I take him in the jeep as often as I can. Can't wait to wrench and wheel with him. And the next one the is due in Feb 15

2014 JKUR

This one is my first as well. And congrats on your next one!

Top Bottom