Strike force zebra uppers?

RamP

Anyone in the know have a timeline for the uppers on the SFZ half doors?
I'm looking to get the lowers.
Thanks.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
apparently they have been comming out "soon" for quite some time now but nothing else. i know hinrich had them for a long time but ended up selling them since the uppers never came out after almost a year of owning the lowers.

fadeout

They were promised at EJS this year and that came and went and nothing.... which left a lot of people pissed off because of the empty promise. Go with Rugged Ridge if you want decent doors with uppers available.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Never. Or very soon. Which ever comes first. :cheesy:

As above, if you want uppers I'd go a different route.

BadApple

I have the lower. Im going to make fiberglass uppers when i get home from deployment for emergency use, living in AZ it only rains about a half hour a year!

Skeem47

I have the lower. Im going to make fiberglass uppers when i get home from deployment for emergency use, living in AZ it only rains about a half hour a year!

Haha! So true about the AZ rain :D

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Loved my set due to the weight of them, but couldn't take not being able to run them since no uppers were available. I bet you could modify them to maybe use the rugged ridge uppers, but I never wanted to try so I sold them.

Serg5000

Yup, saw them at a show 2 years ago and they said the uppers would be out soon.:idontknow:

I wouldn't wait. If it's not one reason it's another. Not talking crap. It's just the owners MO. I just purchased a used set for a great deal. I never intend on using uppers so I'm ok with all the delays on the uppers. We are much like Arizona where it rains about 1/2 hour a year. And when it's cold, I have full doors.

RamP

Good advice all around. I like the build quality of the lowers, being one piece and all. But have to decide if I'm willing to wait for the uppers.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Good advice all around. I like the build quality of the lowers, being one piece and all. But have to decide if I'm willing to wait for the uppers.

I know I am repeating myself, but yeah the no uppers made me run them maybe 3 times in the months I had them. It rains to much on the east to really justify them for all the time. I mean yeah our jeeps can get wet but I don't want to leave work and deal with a soaked seat. Also the door handle on the outside sticks out due to the design which was also annoying and you need to put a piece of tubing on the door latch to make them not rattle. I did love them for the trail tho since they only weigh around 17lb each so I could just throw them in the back, but that only happened one time. I also had the weather stripping peel off the doors when all they did was sit inside my house. just my :twocents:

suicideking

I wouldn't wait. If it's not one reason it's another. Not talking crap. It's just the owners MO. I just purchased a used set for a great deal. I never intend on using uppers so I'm ok with all the delays on the uppers. We are much like Arizona where it rains about 1/2 hour a year. And when it's cold, I have full doors.

Yeah, I would buy a set if I got a good deal on used door. I like the doors, but they're expensive. I'm not getting doors anytime soon though, other mods are higher priority.

I work in the I.T. field. We have a term for software that never comes out -- 'Vaporware'. The windows are vaporware at this point.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I work in the I.T. field. We have a term for software that never comes out -- 'Vaporware'. The windows are vaporware at this point.

I like that. Best Vaporware for Jeeps I can think of is the gas can carrier and trail rack for the Expedition One rear bumper. I think it has been about six years now on that one. Every other year or so they have a prototype at SEMA, but I have yet to see something actually hit the market.

suicideking

I like that. Best Vaporware for Jeeps I can think of is the gas can carrier and trail rack for the Expedition One rear bumper. I think it has been about six years now on that one. Every other year or so they have a prototype at SEMA, but I have yet to see something actually hit the market.

Yeah, I'm sure there are lots of Jeep parts that would fit that category. For a while I thought the Eaton 4 pin for d44 was going to be one of them lol.

How about the armor lite rear from LOD? Did it ever make it out?

Top Bottom