How's Your Summer Wheeling Going?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After 3.5 weeks of being on the road, crossing a state line 21 times and putting well over 6,500 miles on the odometer with about 1,000 of them being on dirt, Cindy and I are finally back at home.... well, sort of anyway. Technically, we're up in Tahoe and will be here for the better part of July but I digress. During that time, we got to spend a lot of time with good friends, met a bunch of new ones and have seen parts of America that we would have never of dreamed of. When I get a chance, I will for sure have to post up some trip reports but for now, I thought I'd post up these two to get this thread started cause, what I really want to know is, how's your summer wheeling been going? Please post up pics and let us know where your Jeep has taken you! :yup:

Shot of us in Independence, Missouri - the start of our 2014 Summer Wheeling adventures...
main.php

Sitting on top of South Pass - the point along the California Trail where emigrants crossed the Continental Divide over 150 years ago...
main.php

Looking forward to seeing all your pics :thumb:

TheStick

Cool thread. I don't get out as nearly as I'd like due to kids and work, so only one so far.

Took a fun trip to Bucks lake and Ellis Peak a couple weeks ago. First real trip of the year.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403715921.868287.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403715936.114100.jpg

Heading out to the Gold Lake area tomorrow. Can't wait. A lot of trails to explore there.

It always ends up being less than I'd like, but with the summer still in front of us, I'm going to get in as much as I can. Summer for me is mods in hold, trails as much as I can.

JoeR53

First Jeep Trip to AZ and UT

Moab was awesome, can't wait to get back!

Attachments

• Rubi, UT.JPG
    Rubi, UT.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 580

isuadam

Camping in the mountains of Northern Colorado

14297440040_158f974fc2_z.jpg
(Sorry for the absurd watermark, this is my photo and I put them on flickr this way, and don't have the unwatermarked one at work...)

This is in the Roosevelt National Forest on some back forest roads where distributed camping is allowed. Not super technical, but it's nice to get away and find yourself in a place where regular vehicles cannot venture.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
not much wheeling but some overlanding per say and doing other things out of the norm. took knuckles camping for the weekend and we also drove on Ocean City New Jerseys boardwalk. hope to get out and wheel rausch again either in July or August.

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_7347.jpg
    IMG_7347.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 569
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402798002.547400.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402798002.547400.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 550
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402797994.442971.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402797994.442971.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 545

leemerwin

Summer wheeling in Southern Oregon

In between helping out with the local 4wd association, and wheelin the wheels right OFF my Jeep, its been a good summer so far in the Siskiyous and Cascades of southern oregon:).....to end the summer goin to Moab and Ouray....i'm thinkin thats summer done right:D:D:D:D:D

10295066_10203186345352030_7358280365714719319_o.jpg flex.jpg thursday.jpg snapshot.jpg

Brewbek

Haven't done anything worth reporting as of yet but we are leaving for Matewan WV Friday 6/27. Got 4 days away from the daily rutt. We're ready. :brows:

We just got back from Drummond Island. It was a great trip. We were there mostly for the Jeep Jamboree but did a little exploring on our own.

We made the trip with some friends from our local club and got to meet lots of new friends there, one of which is part of our Rancho family here.

100_1784.JPG

This was our second big trip this year, and our 10th time on the trail since winter broke. Later this year we will be headed back to RC for Topless for Tatas. Then, we plan to head into Indiana to check-out the Redbird SRA in the Fall. We have several other local things in the works too. Busy-busy :yup:

mbmobile

Still waiting for proper holidays, but in the meantime we use the weekend properly

These are the woods nearby Rome, Italy
waya1.jpg

Waya2.jpg

waya4.jpg

And my son quite happy about the day:
waya3.jpg

Last edited:

darkscion0

My wife and I just got back from the Nova Scotia Jeep Jamboree held up here in Canada. It's the 2nd one we've been to with the last one having only run the easier trails with a bit of mud. This year we decided to step it up a bit and opt for the hardest trails to do some rock crawling. Only problem being is that we only have the plastic side steps. A quick call around to some dealers in Nova Scotia and I'm able to buy a set of stock Rubi rails over the phone and the dealership delivered the rails to me at the Jam. I brought a saw and paint with me so they could be trimmed to fit my 35s and we were good to go. We did 2 trails Quarry and Ghosttrain. Quarry was a little hard on the body as it was constant obstacles and very jarring. Ghosttrain was a constant rock garden with obstacles now and then. We enjoyed Ghosttrain much more than Quarry. Very little damage, a slight tranny leak from a rogue branch that works its way through the skids and jammed in the seal between the tranny and pan and a bent shaft on a rear shock. Great trip and glad we got to play with the big boys.

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

tpietzsch

Getting ready to leave Friday June 27th. Hitting the Telluride area for 3 days then Moab for 4 days. I'm going with this crazy guy and his one ton axles on 40s and custom everything.

Should be fun.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403719762.565132.jpg

jayc04

Argentine Pass, near Georgetown, CO

image[1].jpg

Colorado still had quite a bit of snow at the beginning of June....this is the runoff!

Holster642

South east idaho mountains

First time posting so i hope it works!!! Here is a shot from about 8,000 ft in the good ol' idaho mountains IMG_3919.jpg JEEP.jpg

jayc04

Moab - Tower Arch/Eye of the Whale Loop

Moab -Tower Arch.jpg
Moab over Memorial Day Weekend....great trip! This is the loop from Eye of the Whale to Tower Arch....lots of fun and amazing scenery!

Top Bottom