Flat fenders

Dukes_of_C.Rock

So a coyote decided to take the Jeep on as I was doing 65mph. He hit the driver side rear fender (he lost) and took it off. So my wife decided to tell me to go ahead and buy some flat fenders instead of going through the insurance company and paying the deductible. Needless to say I am here to ask for opinions on the some flat fenders that won't break the bank that will do good on a daily driver at highway speeds. I will appreciate all the input.

So a coyote decided to take the Jeep on as I was doing 65mph. He hit the driver side rear fender (he lost) and took it off. So my wife decided to tell me to go ahead and buy some flat fenders instead of going through the insurance company and paying the deductible. Needless to say I am here to ask for opinions on the some flat fenders that won't break the bank that will do good on a daily driver at highway speeds. I will appreciate all the input.

find some stock ones and cut them to be flat. :beer:

I have Poison Spyder Aluminum ones and really like them. I went with them because they include some bracing that ties them into the substructure and they don't just hang on the sheet metal. I have knocked them pretty hard on trees and they have held up well. There are a few other brands that have this but it is an option to add and they are not included. There are also some brands that just hang on the sheet metal and they will cause more damage than help when you hit them.

I would stay clear of the Nemesis ones. I actually like the look and their design offers easy cleaning, but they do not hold up to hits well.

2k13jk

I have the bushwacker flat flares they look good dont flop at high way speed like my old cut ones did and they make the jeep look clean not rigged

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I have the bushwacker flat flares they look good dont flop at high way speed like my old cut ones did and they make the jeep look clean not rigged

so cut fenders look like shit to you? rather rude comment:mad:

Cajun JK

I have to agree that cut fenders are an acquired taste. I found a used one at the junk yard before I cut my good ones. I didn't like the look either. I'm saving to buy some.

gleno99

I have to agree that cut fenders are an acquired taste. I found a used one at the junk yard before I cut my good ones. I didn't like the look either. I'm saving to buy some.

I cut mine last weekend. I used a palm sander with fine grit sand paper to smooth out the edges. They turned out better than I expected. I figured it's a cheap mod. If I don't like it, I can buy new ones. Now, I'm going to keep them.

turbineguy

I had Bushwackers. I removed them and replaced them with trimmed stock fenders.

Bushwackers do look a bit more polished, but if you are going to wheel in any area where you might rub your fenders (trees or rocks), then I do not recommend them. They get messed up easily.

Trimmed stock fenders can look polished. I use a heatgun and a utility knife to get a clean straight cut. They are also easy to replace. I had no problems with them flapping on the highway. I think it might depend on how you cut them.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I have Bushwackers, but I have the stock front flares still (no inner liner though) and I am North of you and they are for sale. :)

PM me and I will get you the info.

Dukes_of_C.Rock

I have Bushwackers, but I have the stock front flares still (no inner liner though) and I am North of you and they are for sale. :)

PM me and I will get you the info.

I need the full set. It was the driver rear the the coyote took off. Where at north are you?

Rusty

I have poison spyders and have knocked them against trees and rocks. hold up good so far. still need to see in the long run..

Jaydoc1

so cut fenders look like shit to you? rather rude comment:mad:

Missed the part where he said they look like shit. He just felt they weren't as clean looking as store-bought ones. ORE has made a similar comment on their Facebook page stating that these JKs are expensive vehicles and that cut fenders can give them an unfinished look. In the next breath they state, however, that people love to cut them and take pictures of them. Store-bought fenders are expensive. I happen to like the look of well-cut (notice that I specified well-cut) stock fenders. I myself am not brave enough to cut my fenders and for now don't need to.

To each their own. That's what makes modding Jeeps great. No two are alike.

Panda

I have cut fenders they don't move on the a bit on the highway, I kept as much inner liner as possible to keep them strong and if you hit them on the trail they simply flex then pop back, some after market fenders can cause more damage to your jeep on the trail, cut stock ones look better IMO ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403741323.448943.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403741335.629589.jpg

Speeddmn

Will they flap a lot at highway speeds?

Mine do not flap/flop around at all. I did cut mine slightly diffrent then most on here. I also kep the front underside brace on mine to keep some rigidy (sp). If i were to do it again, I'd still cut mine and if I didnt like it I would buy or have custom one made.

CharlieK

I went with the a posion spyder as we'll, they hold up great but the give you a big ass opening. I m running 37's and honestly I think it needs 40's. I have a buddy who cut his, he followed the write up on project jk and his came out really nice and no flap issues at all. Also it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

sean.m.adams33

I cut my fenders and had people constantly asking me what fenders they were and try to buy them off me. It's all in the details. Cut them and finish them. Cheapest, easiest, best mod to do. Follow the project jk write up.

Top Bottom