Dynabeads

hunterbilt

Those of you that run beadlocks, Is it necessary to add dynabeads? I am looking into getting beadlocks, and have watched a few mounting videos. Some of the videos show them adding dynabeads and others do not. Can someone clear this up for me?

Thanks!

Not necessary at all. Mine have actual weights after an issue I had with balance beads. Using the beads in my tires actually caused death wobble.

How well do they run without either?

That all depends on the tire and wheel, but I can tell you that unless you have a trailer queen you're going to be opening a can of worms by not spending the few bucks it costs to balance your tires. Once balanced, they don't handle or ride any different than a conventional wheel.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I do not use them on my ATX slabs and Nitto TG. No shimmy or wobble at all. However, it probably depends on which beadlocks and which tires you run.

Last edited:

hunterbilt

I do not use them on my ATX slabs and Nitto TG. No shimmy or wobble at all. However, it probably depends on which headlocks and which tires you run.

I was leaning towards the same set up. Good to know. I just need to pull the trigger.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I am running Method beadlocks and toyo 37x13.5s. They do not vibrate or wobble at all the whole way up 85 mph. This is with no beads or balancing at all. I don't really run faster than that so didn't bother taking them to get balanced. If you plan to run Nittos or Toyos (same parent company) you may be surprised in how little if any balancing you need. Their construction method produces a very uniform tire. It varies greatly by brand of tire and how they are produced.

JKFlyer

I have fuel trophy wheels w 37 bfg all terrain tires and have lots of weights from balancing buy weights keep falling off and don't know if I should even bother rebalancing. Dont really notice a difference

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

WhiteDynamite

I had beads in my ATX/Nitto TG combo and they made it horrible. I could actually see my tires hopping about an inch or two going down the road. I vacuumed them out and no problems since.

Top Bottom