Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tailgate Table

Hooked

Tailgate Table

So I have been doing some research on Tailgate tables. And there are a lot to choice from. However, I found two that have caught my eye so to speak. And I am wondering, if anybody has, used or heard of the following and what do you think?

First one I found that I like is http://www.kroboffroad.com/. I like the fact that it has multi-purpose. I don’t like the price that much and I read that it can hold a coleman style grill (they stated that it can hold up to 75lbs). From the pictures it seem to be a bit weak.

Second one-JK tailgate (fold down style) MOLLE panel. http://www.ebay.com/itm/jk-tailgate-...f63a97&vxp=mtr
    I like this one as well because of the multi-purpose. The price is a little better then the Kroboffroad. It doesn’t seem from the prictures that it’s a little bit more strudy. However, I couldn’t find anything about how much real weight it can hold and or anything else. I did some research, and saw some comments about it. Most seem to be positive..

Any help would be great.

If you want a strong, versatile table that can be mounted in two different ways, get the EVO trail table. If you want something with Molle capability then I would get the Vector Offroad table. I've seen them both in person many times and they are both great tables. Personally, I would stay away from the Amazon no-name stuff. Sure you could save a buck or two, but do you really want to spend money on something without a proven track record that might break or completely pull out of your gate?

Here is a pic of someone STANDING on EVO's table. http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...?prod=EVO-1017
    Last edited by Sharkey; 06-27-2014 at 03:13 PM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    I looked at almost every one on the market, even the over priced one rebel sells, the teraflex one, even the rse one. Decided to go with the evo trail table. Sturdy table, (there are pictures of a guy standing on it) and was sold on it. No rattles and easy install if you have a nutsert tool.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love the idea of being able to mount things on the table. However neither one of those seems like a very solid design. Also you need to think about how much stuff that is mounted to it will rattle and the table itself will rattle when bombing down a dirt road.

I have been looking at getting a table for a few months now. I have looked a few different tables. Seems I always come back to the EVO table because it's built as a work table and not just something to make a sandwich on. I just wish they had made it just a bit wider to take up as much of the tailgate as possible. Seems you never have enough table space when out camping.
    2008 X

Nothing but a Thing pvanweelden's Avatar
    I believe the subwoofer enclosure on the rubicon would interfere if the table was wider (towards the hinge side of the tailgate)

I like the evo table. great design.

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pvanweelden View Post
    I believe the subwoofer enclosure on the rubicon would interfere if the table was wider (towards the hinge side of the tailgate)

I like the evo table. great design.
    If I remember it clears. I'm not at home to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    If you want a strong, versatile table that can be mounted in two different ways, get the EVO trail table. If you want something with Molle capability then I would get the Vector Offroad table. I've seen them both in person many times and they are both great tables. Personally, I would stay away from the Amazon no-name stuff. Sure you could save a buck or two, but do you really want to spend money on something without a proven track record that might break or completely pull out of your gate?

Here is a pic of someone STANDING on EVO's table. http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...?prod=EVO-1017
    Sorry to high jack the thread...

Sharkey, in the link you provided the jeep has a wayalife license, it wouldn't be Eddie's would it? I am asking because i noticed the lights in the back bumper, I have been thinking of doing that and was wondering if you knew if he had a write up on it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GRNHORN View Post
    Sorry to high jack the thread...

Sharkey, in the link you provided the jeep has a wayalife license, it wouldn't be Eddie's would it? I am asking because i noticed the lights in the back bumper, I have been thinking of doing that and was wondering if you knew if he had a write up on it?

Thanks
    That is eddies jeep and those light came in the LOD rear bumper and you can find the write up here.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...r-tire-carrier

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4Jesus View Post
    That is eddies jeep and those light came in the LOD rear bumper and you can find the write up here.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...r-tire-carrier
    Thank you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast