Tailgate Table

Dannyboy76

So I have been doing some research on Tailgate tables. And there are a lot to choice from. However, I found two that have caught my eye so to speak. And I am wondering, if anybody has, used or heard of the following and what do you think?

First one I found that I like is http://www.kroboffroad.com/. I like the fact that it has multi-purpose. I don’t like the price that much and I read that it can hold a coleman style grill (they stated that it can hold up to 75lbs). From the pictures it seem to be a bit weak.

Second one-JK tailgate (fold down style) MOLLE panel. http://www.ebay.com/itm/jk-tailgate...es&fits=Make:Jeep&hash=item4621f63a97&vxp=mtr
I like this one as well because of the multi-purpose. The price is a little better then the Kroboffroad. It doesn’t seem from the prictures that it’s a little bit more strudy. However, I couldn’t find anything about how much real weight it can hold and or anything else. I did some research, and saw some comments about it. Most seem to be positive..

Any help would be great.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
If you want a strong, versatile table that can be mounted in two different ways, get the EVO trail table. If you want something with Molle capability then I would get the Vector Offroad table. I've seen them both in person many times and they are both great tables. Personally, I would stay away from the Amazon no-name stuff. Sure you could save a buck or two, but do you really want to spend money on something without a proven track record that might break or completely pull out of your gate?

Here is a pic of someone STANDING on EVO's table. http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-1017

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I looked at almost every one on the market, even the over priced one rebel sells, the teraflex one, even the rse one. Decided to go with the evo trail table. Sturdy table, (there are pictures of a guy standing on it) and was sold on it. No rattles and easy install if you have a nutsert tool.

Attachments

• 1403881903014.jpg
    1403881903014.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 242
  • 1403881913029.jpg
    1403881913029.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 242

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I love the idea of being able to mount things on the table. However neither one of those seems like a very solid design. Also you need to think about how much stuff that is mounted to it will rattle and the table itself will rattle when bombing down a dirt road.

Serg5000

I have been looking at getting a table for a few months now. I have looked a few different tables. Seems I always come back to the EVO table because it's built as a work table and not just something to make a sandwich on. I just wish they had made it just a bit wider to take up as much of the tailgate as possible. Seems you never have enough table space when out camping.

pvanweelden

I believe the subwoofer enclosure on the rubicon would interfere if the table was wider (towards the hinge side of the tailgate)

I like the evo table. great design. :thumb:

olram30

I believe the subwoofer enclosure on the rubicon would interfere if the table was wider (towards the hinge side of the tailgate)

I like the evo table. great design. :thumb:

If I remember it clears. I'm not at home to check.

GRNHORN

If you want a strong, versatile table that can be mounted in two different ways, get the EVO trail table. If you want something with Molle capability then I would get the Vector Offroad table. I've seen them both in person many times and they are both great tables. Personally, I would stay away from the Amazon no-name stuff. Sure you could save a buck or two, but do you really want to spend money on something without a proven track record that might break or completely pull out of your gate?

Here is a pic of someone STANDING on EVO's table. http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-1017

Sorry to high jack the thread...

Sharkey, in the link you provided the jeep has a wayalife license, it wouldn't be Eddie's would it? I am asking because i noticed the lights in the back bumper, I have been thinking of doing that and was wondering if you knew if he had a write up on it?

Thanks

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug

Sharkey, in the link you provided the jeep has a wayalife license, it wouldn't be Eddie's would it? I am asking because i noticed the lights in the back bumper, I have been thinking of doing that and was wondering if you knew if he had a write up on it?

Thanks

That is eddies jeep and those light came in the LOD rear bumper and you can find the write up here.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/jeep-jk-wrangler-signature-series-rear-bumper-tire-carrier

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
There are actually two different jeeps in those pics. One is eddies as the other is prob a customers or employees. You can tell by the stickers on the bumper and it's a different bumper design between the two.

Sent from my iPhone

Yes, one is moby and the other is actually evo1 from way back. However he was asking specifically about the bumper with the lights

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Thanks

That is eddies jeep and those light came in the LOD rear bumper and you can find the write up here.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/jeep-jk-wrangler-signature-series-rear-bumper-tire-carrier

Yep and yep. Check out my "Building of Meanst" thread and you can see how I put flush mount rigid led's in the LoD bumper in place of the round halogen lights. If you are cutting in custom rear backup lights, the flush mount rigids are the way to go.

Super T

I made my own after looking for some online. Was a fun, relatively easy process. I wanted one to be able to be wide enough to hold a portable BBQ so I made it a clam she'll design.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403895509.092590.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403895529.404706.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403895552.474890.jpg

Serg5000

I just received my EVO trail table. I was going over the instructions and read to install the counter dink screws in the counter sink holes. There are no counter sink holes on the backing plate as mentioned in the instruction. Did I get an unfinished table? Or is this an option. No mention of options by the way.

olram30

I just received my EVO trail table. I was going over the instructions and read to install the counter dink screws in the counter sink holes. There are no counter sink holes on the backing plate as mentioned in the instruction. Did I get an unfinished table? Or is this an option. No mention of options by the way.

That's how mine came. I just bought some regular bolts.

Attachments

• 1405478899662.jpg
    1405478899662.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 126

Serg5000

That's how mine came. I just bought some regular bolts.

I was wondering if it had something to do with how well it closes. I can easily counter sink holes, but wanted to make sure it's not something needed. That said. If the holes on all tables are Not counter sunk, why mention it and supply bolts for that type of hole.

olram30

I was wondering if it had something to do with how well it closes. I can easily counter sink holes, but wanted to make sure it's not something needed. That said. If the holes on all tables are Not counter sunk, why mention it and supply bolts for that type of hole.

Don't know, but I would definitely do the bottom two. If not they will rub on the table when you close it. I used the rounded bolts for the bottom. It's a solid table and the tighter you tighten the bolts, the less rattling.

Serg5000

Don't know, but I would definitely do the bottom two. If not they will rub on the table when you close it. I used the rounded bolts for the bottom. It's a solid table and the tighter you tighten the bolts, the less rattling.

Ok cool. I will put it together and see where it will rub using normal bolt heads. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom