Closed knuckle D44 hub??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, that's a tough one. Might want to contact Rob at Dynatrac. If he doesn't know, I'll bet Steve can help.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That was my next person to ask, the manual just says remove with proper tool.. Wtf!!

LOL!! The old FSM's aren't all that great. Actually, they kind of remind me of the FSM's you can get for a JK - just gives you enough info to get you thinking but not enough to really help. Man, I sure miss the ones they used to make back in the 1980's through the early 2000's. Man, they were super detailed and came with pics of all the tools you needed. They even went so far as to explain why everything exists.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
LOL!! The old FSM's aren't all that great. Actually, they kind of remind me of the FSM's you can get for a JK - just gives you enough info to get you thinking but not enough to really help. Man, I sure miss the ones they used to make back in the 1980's through the early 2000's. Man, they were super detailed and came with pics of all the tools you needed. They even went so far as to explain why everything exists.

Well the one for the FC really is amazing, it details how to rebuild the lockers, regear, motor overhaul etc.

On easy things like brakes it assumes the mechanic knows what he's doing..

Chevy Dave

My dad is a Matco man, he was able to order one for one of my friends who needed it once.
Next time you see a matco truck at a local shop stop and ask

OllllllllO Instagram @LucyTheJeep

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well the one for the FC really is amazing, it details how to rebuild the lockers, regear, motor overhaul etc.

On easy things like brakes it assumes the mechanic knows what he's doing..

Well, I sure wish the one I had for my j2000 were that good. I literally had to buy the parts manual as well just so that I could get a better idea of what I was looking for :crazyeyes:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I was able to turn it off out with a punch. Kinda weird pattern. Hopefully some auto place has one. Autozone looked at me like I had 3 heads... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404274372.739479.jpg

hydrohut

I was able to turn it off out with a punch. Kinda weird pattern. Hopefully some auto place has one. Autozone looked at me like I had 3 heads... View attachment 90208
I know its not best practice but you could reassemble by carefully using a punch as well. Or if you are capable you could make a tool from some steel tube the same diameter as the hole centres by cutting out sections so you end up with small tags sticking out that match the hole positions and slot into each hole. Hope you understand that explanation.

Chevy Dave

I'll talk to my dad the matco man in the am and see if this is still something he or any matco distributor can get

OllllllllO Instagram @LucyTheJeep

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Well I'm blind. After all the grease was removed it turns out only two of the holes are for removal. The other three have set screws. I'm not sure if this is factory or not??

I still need a tool, but a brass punch worked fine for now

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404496851.910796.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404496868.913032.jpg
Leaking wheel cylinder
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404496922.263028.jpg

Massive bolts for the hubs!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404496951.331245.jpg

Top Bottom