Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Country Jeeper's slow build

Fresh Catch
    I forgot to mention that after I had the grade 8 washers welded on to fix my track bar I installed an OME steering stabilizer. Overall I am not impressed with their s.s. and would not recommend it. At full turn it ripped the boot cover right off the end of the shock. I thought maybe I installed it wrong but after some measuring and fiddling I found that the boot is too short for the piston stroke needed. When I install a lift I will be changing it out for a fox shock or something else.

Fresh Catch

Bedlined!

In September 2013 I took my Jeep down to Line-X of Boulder to have my tub sprayed. I chose to do the entire tub up and over the rear rails for the hard top as well as the door jams. To keep the cost low and the spraying in 1 day I did all the prep work myself. This included removal of the sound deadener goop; all soft goods, carpet and roll bar padding; seats and seat belts; and center console.

P9150016.jpg

P9150014.jpg

P9150013.jpg

P9150012.jpg

I think they did an incredible job and I would highly recommend them to anyone in the area. The owner is next to a Jeep dealer and has a lot of experience spraying jeeps through the dealer as well as private parties. He estimated approx $900 just to do the tub and $1200 total for the tub, rails, and sills using Line-X Premium.

P9180001.jpg

P9180002.jpg

P9180003.jpg

Putting the Jeep back together I decided to throw away all the carpet and padding because it was always smelling moldy/musty from getting rain and snow on it. I used wire wrap on all exposed wires to give it a finished look. I also decided to throw away the subwoofer and cut the wires back at the front passenger wire harness. The Line-X added about an 1/8" of material to everything which required dremeling it out for the floor plugs as well as major realignments of all the door hinges/hardware. All of the interior plastic trim fits but it is definitely a tight fit. I am still having troubles with the plastic wire cover on the tailgate door. If I were to do it again I would not recommend spraying up the hinge side of the door sills like I did. It was a huge pain in the ass to get the doors to close and latch again and even now they are still slightly off. I would recommend spraying up the sill to the bottom of the bottom hinges. The door latches on the back sides of the door sills are very easy to reinstall and adjust again so there was no problem at all with those.

Hooked
    Line X looks great, nice job and great pics.............
    2014 JKU Rubicon X

Fresh Catch
    Thanks. It was a fun project to do and its pretty awesome just having to pull the plugs and hose out the inside. I want to spray the corners of the jeep too instead of using heavy steel corner guards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12