Medical Fact:

Jaydoc1

If you are sitting on your deck in the dark, listening to the Coco Montoya station on Pandora by way of your Bose Mini Soundlink, and are surfing Wayalife on a really bright 3rd-gen-about-to-be-made-obsolete-by-iOS8 iPad, you ABSOLUTELY will not get Lyme Disease by being bitten by all the giant mosquitos being attracted to the iPad as long as the screwdriver you are drinking is made with Absolut 100 vodka.

Really.

I mean it.

Dang I'm going inside for some Deep Woods Off. :ahhhhh:

image.jpg

DA RUNT

Is that a sign of a bison headbutting a covered wagon in the background? Where the hell are you lol

Jaydoc1

That does, in fact, appear to be a bison head-butting a covered wagon. So, moral of the story, stay out of the conastogas.

That's just a pic I Googled off the 'net. I was merely trying to illustrate the baby-stealing size of the mosquitos attempting to vampire me tonight.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Mostly false. Why?...

1) Mosquitos do not carry lyme disease;
2) You are listing to Hanna Montana;
3) You are drinking absolut vodka. :icon_crazy:

Good luck with the West Nile. :thumb:

Jaydoc1

Mostly false. Why?...

1) Mosquitos do not carry lyme disease;
2) You are listing to Hanna Montana;
3) You are drinking absolut vodka. :icon_crazy:

Good luck with the West Nile. :thumb:

Hanna Mon..what?

Okay totally busted on the the Lyme versus West Nile. But I will watch out for ticks now that you alerted me to my Absolut-induced internet faux-pas.

And it's only Absolut now that the Gray Goose is gone.

Last edited:

DA RUNT

They carry Malaria here, good thing I've got my Doxycycline. Now if I could only remember to take it everyday :doh:

JAGS

Hooked
Hanna Mon..what?

Okay totally busted on the the Lyme versus West Nile. But I will watch out for ticks now that you alerted me to my Absolut-induced internet faux-pas.

And it's only Absolut now that the Gray Goose is gone.

Alcohol in your blood comes out your pores and attracts more mosquitoes. So don't drink drink when on the patio....though what fun is the patio if you're not drinking. :crazyeyes:

Jaydoc1

Gray goose? :grayno:

Rookie. ;)

Dang, Dude. You remind me of my college roomate (and that was a looooong time ago). He is a total vodka snob now.

So if you were sitting here with me what vodka would we be drinking? Jewel of Russia? Reyka? Russian Standard? Crystal Head (all joking aside that's a fantastic vodka).

Inquiring minds...

MTG

Caught the Bug
Dang, Dude. You remind me of my college roomate (and that was a looooong time ago). He is a total vodka snob now.

So if you were sitting here with me what vodka would we be drinking? Jewel of Russia? Reyka? Russian Standard? Crystal Head (all joking aside that's a fantastic vodka).

Inquiring minds...

For me too…

Anyway.

If I were sitting there with you I would choose Idol vodka or Ciroc, simply because they are made with grapes and I am paleo.

If I were drinking without regard to anything else I would choose Zyr vodka. It is hands down the best.

I don't drink gray goose simply because I don't like paying for advertising. Now the same can be said about Ciroc (and probably Idol), but that discusion is for another day.

Other's I like. Tito's, Crater Lake, Fuzzy…the list goes on...

Sorry, didn't mean to be a buzz kill. :(

Jaydoc1

No buzzkill at all. Always looking for a new beverage. Funny you should mention Tito's. That has been one of my favorites since it showed up in Colorado. We used to pay $7 a bottle here for it. Not like that anymore! I'm going to try a bunch in your list. Thank for the recs! :thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
I may have to try some of those as well. I have a huge bottle of stoli (not on ur list 😟) to finish off first.

- Jason

Top Bottom