They Might Be Giants...

Jaydoc1

...but they weren't always.

So my wife and kids are out of town today and that means I've been able to basically sit around this evening perusing the Wayalife site at my leisure without having to hear, "Are you on that silly Jeep site again?!"

Yes I am and I have been able to watch all the WOL videos that I wanted to. I haven't looked at some of the "Oldies but Goodies" in awhile.

If you haven't ever seen Eddie and Cindy's oldest videos do yourself a favor and watch them as soon as you can. I believe the oldest is from 2008. It's great to watch the videos as they progress through the years and the production values get better and better. They didn't start out like the current videos, that's for sure. Now they are broadcast documentary quality. Back then, well, they are still great videos but "Pilgrimage to the Promised Land" they are not.

What strikes me the most, though, is the Jeeps themselves in the videos. We've all gotten so used to seeing all the WOL crew in these super built up Jeeps that we may have forgotten that Moby and and the rest all started out like the majority of our JKs are now. Minimal mods and always looking forward to the next one. Eddie didn't bring Moby home from the dealership and a month later he looked like he does now. It took significant time before he became the Moby we all love. Same for EVO1 and most of the JKs that are in Eddie and Cindy's videos. Heck in some of the earliest videos, some of the biggest Jeeps in the current videos list "Project JK decals" as their only mods at the end of the videos! LOL

So really, do yourselves a favor and watch all the vids from oldest to newest. It really gives you a feel for how WOL got to where it is today. It's well worth it.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Lol. Then you are also likely to appreciate 4x4explor which chronicles Eddie and Cindy's adventures in their TJ, long before Moby was even born.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404363901.242659.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Shhhhh…

Shun the non-believer…

Everyone knows you need coil overs and 40s to do anything outside of a mall.

:cheesy:

Jaydoc1

Perfectly acceptable and appropriate. As long as ball-bearings, 3-in-1 oil, and gauze pads were utilized (properly).

Last edited:

SteelBadger

...but they weren't always.

So my wife and kids are out of town today and that means I've been able to basically sit around this evening perusing the Wayalife site at my leisure without having to hear, "Are you on that silly Jeep site again?!"

Yes I am and I have been able to watch all the WOL videos that I wanted to. I haven't looked at some of the "Oldies but Goodies" in awhile.

If you haven't ever seen Eddie and Cindy's oldest videos do yourself a favor and watch them as soon as you can. I believe the oldest is from 2008. It's great to watch the videos as they progress through the years and the production values get better and better. They didn't start out like the current videos, that's for sure. Now they are broadcast documentary quality. Back then, well, they are still great videos but "Pilgrimage to the Promised Land" they are not.

What strikes me the most, though, is the Jeeps themselves in the videos. We've all gotten so used to seeing all the WOL crew in these super built up Jeeps that we may have forgotten that Moby and and the rest all started out like the majority of our JKs are now. Minimal mods and always looking forward to the next one. Eddie didn't bring Moby home from the dealership and a month later he looked like he does now. It took significant time before he became the Moby we all love. Same for EVO1 and most of the JKs that are in Eddie and Cindy's videos. Heck in some of the earliest videos, some of the biggest Jeeps in the current videos list "Project JK decals" as their only mods at the end of the videos! LOL

So really, do yourselves a favor and watch all the vids from oldest to newest. It really gives you a feel for how WOL got to where it is today. It's well worth it.

They are amazing vids. Eddie and Cindy's movies are the reason I decided to mod my Jeep.
They showed me that the Jeep community (at least this one) is even tighter than I thought. I also learned that if I really wanted to see and do some of the best activities a Jeep can offer that changes needed to be made. Not that my stock Rubicon isn't capable, it is, but just not quite enough to get to some of the more spectacular places. :driving: Or so I believe anyway.
I learned a tonne about Jeep repair, what extra parts need to be taken on runs etc.
I can go on ad nauseam extolling the virtues of these films and Wayalife in general but I will stop now so as not to annoy anyone with an overly verbose post. I know, too late.
It is a wonderful showcase for what Jeeping can be and I really appreciate what they and the others who help them have built "here". :bowdown:

Jaydoc1

Clearly your wife shouldn't leave you home alone. You require adult supervision lol :cheesy:

And now the tune is stuck in my head

Yeah that's one of the worst ear worms ever! It's worse if you have young girls and they run around the house singing it all the time!

Top Bottom