Death wobble with new dual stabilizer?

Ibjeepn05

I know this subject has been beaten to death but I have an unique situation. I had not had a problem with the death wobble on my stock jeep or my jeep with the 2in coil lift with bald 35s but I ordered a skyjacker dual steering stabilizer for precautions since I was getting new tires. I installed the dual steering stabilizer and now the death wobble has started. I installed it to skyjacker specs and have no loose parts but I thought the stabilizer was supposed to cure the wobble not start it. Anyone else ever had a similar event?

jmatta33

did you install multiple items all at the same time? or were you running everything you have on it now then later added the stabilizers? just wondering if there is more than one variable here...

RLTW!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know this subject has been beaten to death but I have an unique situation. I had not had a problem with the death wobble on my stock jeep or my jeep with the 2in coil lift with bald 35s but I ordered a skyjacker dual steering stabilizer for precautions since I was getting new tires. I installed the dual steering stabilizer and now the death wobble has started. I installed it to skyjacker specs and have no loose parts but I thought the stabilizer was supposed to cure the wobble not start it. Anyone else ever had a similar event?

A steering stabilizer will not cause or fix death wobble. If your suspension components are in good shape and dialed in, you can safely run your Jeep WITHOUT a steering stabilizer and without any issues. The fact that you have it now (assuming that's what you really have) is coincidental. Check out this thread as it will help you to track down your problem:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...s-What-it-isn-t-and-What-You-Can-Do-to-Fix-it

JayKay

Caught the Bug
A steering stabilizer will not cause or fix death wobble. If your suspension components are in good shape and dialed in, you can safely run your Jeep WITHOUT a steering stabilizer and without any issues. The fact that you have it now (assuming that's what you really have) is coincidental. Check out this thread as it will help you to track down your problem:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...s-What-it-isn-t-and-What-You-Can-Do-to-Fix-it

^^this^^ I put a dual stabilizer on when I lifted my Jeep because I thought I needed it. If I would have been a member here when I installed it, I would've left the stock one in place. I plan on going back to the stock one when I upgrade my lift in the future. Read Eddie's write-up, it should help you out.

Top Bottom