Looking to purchase a roof top cargo system/rack.

Brent W

I am looking for any suggestions on roof racks/cargo systems for my JkU. I have looked at just about everything out there. If anyone has recommendations let me know.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well if you've already looked at everything and still haven't decided on one, I might recommend that you hold out for just a bit longer as it is my understanding that LoD will be releasing one very soon. Might be worth the wait to see what they have to offer.

Tree Frog

I too have been looking hard at roof racks. The front runner is the one where they used a crane and picked up the whole rig by the roof rack.
The Gobi's look to be real nice racks as well.

I would not even dream of just drilling holes and attaching anything to that hardtop. The stuff my factory hardtop is made of is about as strong as a Dorito chip.
It might be okay for a set of ski's, a snowboard or something like that but I think a kayak would be pushing it. Anything any heavier and you will wish you had bought a good rack after you destroy your hardtop. Just my opinion, for what that's worth.:twocents:

jkjurny

Here is what I did. It's the Thule gutter mounts on the hard top. All I throw into the cargo carrier is very light bulky stuff, like sleeping bags, clothes, and maybe some camp chairs.

This works out perfect as the rest of the Jeep is free for the heavier stuff.

I've done about 2,000 miles with this setup so far, and I've hit 85MPH. So far, it's been pretty sturdy.

Also, since it's a gutter mount, it's easy to remove and store.

jkjurny

Here is what I did. It's the Thule gutter mounts on the hard top. All I throw into the cargo carrier is very light bulky stuff, like sleeping bags, clothes, and maybe some camp chairs.

This works out perfect as the rest of the Jeep is free for the heavier stuff.

I've done about 2,000 miles with this setup so far, and I've hit 85MPH. So far, it's been pretty sturdy.

Also, since it's a gutter mount, it's easy to remove and store.

With picture LOL ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404437807.856497.jpg

MrHooah04

Yes! Good choice, so far mine is holding up well, I have the Yakima lp6 on the back, and the rain gutter on the front. I've carried 2 paddleboards and a kayak with the 78" bars at the same time.

Great to know..I only plan on throwing no more than 100lbs worth of stuff on it..mainly clothes...any luck with a kayak haha??

Top Bottom