First time installing lift on a JKUR and need advice

t8er

Hope everyone is having a happy and safe 4th of July. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on installing a lift kit on a 2014 JKUR. I'm installing a 3.5" Rubicon Express Standard lift on my jeep next weekend. Just looking to see if there are any quirks I should be aware of or anything along those lines. Thanks for anything you have to offer and hopefully I can catch a run in Colorado sometime.

tapcola

I have the same lift except I have the arms , just make shur to put the rear bump stop the right direction . You want them pointing towards the front .

noroad

I would say the best advise i can give is look over wayalifes write up first, then set everything out the night before to check you have everything(or just anytime before you have it ripped appart), as well as getting all the tools needed ready. (it really sucks being in the middle of a build and not having a tool needed)

One thing I found to do was disconnect the front brake line/wheel sensor from the axle. It will allow you more drop in the axle so you can get the springs in. As mentioned before read Eddie's write ups. I have used his write ups several times. Also if you run into situations where you get stuck post up a question and you will get your answer to your situation. Oh and last piece of advice take your time. If you think it will take you 4 hours figure about 6 or more.

R/
Will

Patrfamilias

Lubricant

Get under your jeep the night before and spray the crap out of all your bolts with rust penetrating lubricant... Wish I would have done this.:brows:

t8er

Thank you guys for responding and thank you for the tips. I've studied eddies writeups before this and compared to others out there he's so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jay_r24

I would say the best advise i can give is look over wayalifes write up first, then set everything out the night before to check you have everything(or just anytime before you have it ripped appart), as well as getting all the tools needed ready. (it really sucks being in the middle of a build and not having a tool needed)

^^^^ This, I thought I had everything but added an extra hour and a 1/2 because I had to run to Home Depot to get a tool twice. Frustrating as hell!

Sent from Junior's Iphone using WAYALIFE mobile app

noroad

^^^^ This, I thought I had everything but added an extra hour and a 1/2 because I had to run to Home Depot to get a tool twice. Frustrating as hell!

yup did the same think, prep is key to having a pretty good chance at a smooth install!

Jay_r24

yup did the same think, prep is key to having a pretty good chance at a smooth install!

Also lifting your rig should be fun, shit is not fun when you are losing daylight and having to rush because you have to run back and forth to the hardware store!

noroad

Also lifting your rig should be fun, shit is not fun when you are losing daylight and having to rush because you have to run back and forth to the hardware store!

Or have to wait a day for an overnight part! What should have been two days was three lol!

Top Bottom