VIDEO : Fireworks Like You've Never Seen Them!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ever wanted to know what it would be like to fly THROUGH a fireworks display? Well, apparently some guy did it with his quad-copter and DSLR camera attached to it and this is what he got. Check it out!!

JKFlyer

That is sick. I fly RC planes and hook up cameras here n there but never like this. He's got balls not only flying at night but with the risk of a firework blowing up his equipment

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is sick. I fly RC planes and hook up cameras here n there but never like this. He's got balls not only flying at night but with the risk of a firework blowing up his equipment

No kidding!! I think I read that the quad-copter was something like $3k and the DSLR he used cost $1K. In other words, he went on the more affordable side of things but even at that, it'd be a pricy loss if one of the mortars took it out. :crazyeyes:

JKFlyer

No kidding!! I think I read that the quad-copter was something like $3k and the DSLR he used cost $1K. In other words, he went on the more affordable side of things but even at that, it'd be a pricy loss if one of the mortars took it out. :crazyeyes:

Yeah...there are all sorts of levels to spend but if he was going that far away then it had to be with FPV equipment...first person view. Thus he was flying wearing a set of goggles linked up to multiple cameras around quad copter to see where he's going......plus night vision equipment of some kind I suspect!

JeepDrum

That's really cool! It must be crazy to be standing there and seeing something like that in your goggles.

Crawler Kitty

I vote for Cindy getting one of these too! Think of the video shots on the runs! We can parked the Jeeps so they form the letters WAL and get an overhead shot similar to the Nazca lines in Peru! LOL WAL sending a Jeep wave to our intergalactic Jeepers! :)

Ceithre

Not to rain your parade but in the video notes he says it was filmed with a go pro silver and a dji phantom so in total he risked I'd say $1,500 but still a nice chunk of change to be risking but, it looks like it paid off 8 mill views!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom