missed tune or something else?

Finn Sizzle

Just had suspension upgraded, new gears and shoes installed. The installer said that it would need to be tuned to accept the new gear sizes (5.13) and tire size (37) for the auto trans because it was not shifting gears. I knew that in advance and after I picked it up I tuned it with the aeroforce gauges and set the gear ratio and tire size, however it is still not shifting correctly. I was able to put it into triptonic (or whatever it us called) to get it home, but had to stay around 48 mph and around 4K RPMs because it did not want to break anything. Is there something else that I am missing with the tune or was something possibly messed during the install? The installer said it just needs to be tuned correctly. First time I upgraded an auto...don't have this problem on my manual.

Is it really tuned related or something else?

Appreciate the help.

1995 Jeep Wrangler SE 4.0 MT
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary
TK5337

Last edited:

Heholua

Just had suspension upgraded, new gears and shoes installed. The installer said that it would need to be tuned to accept the new gear sizes (5.13) and tire size (37) for the auto trans because it was not shifting gears. I knew that in advance and after I picked it up I tuned it with the aeroforce gauges and set the gear ratio and tire size, however it is still not shifting correctly. I was able to put it into triptonic (or whatever it us called) to get it home, but had to stay around 48 mph and around 4K RPMs because it did not want to break anything. Is there something else that I am missing with the tune or was something possibly messed during the install? The installer said it just needs to be tuned correctly. First time I upgraded an auto...don't have this problem on my manual.

Is it really tuned related or something else?

Appreciate the help.

TK5337

It sounds like your rig is in limp mode. You need to clear any codes you may have and reprogram your new settings.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you make sure to properly calibrate your speedometer with a Flashcal or ProCal? On a 2012-up, failure to do so after installing new gears will result in what you are experiencing now.

Finn Sizzle

Yep, this appears to be the issues with the auto trans in the 12+. I had thought that the Aeroforce Gauges had completed the tuning as well, but I can't get it to set correctly (I can set the gear ratio and tire size, no problem). So I'll go out an get the AEV Procal and it should fix it. Thanks for your input guys. This is why I love this forum!

TK5337

Top Bottom