Stock black fender flares vs stock painted fender flares

SilverBack

1) What are all of the differences between stock panted and black unpainted flares?
2) Can the same liners, supports, hardware be used for both types?
3) Are the exactly the same dimensions for 2007-2014 or 15?
4) Does anyone have a good set of billit silver takeoffs they would be willing to part with and ship?

Thanks in advance for all of the help I know I will receive!!! Great bunch of folks that I hope to meet one day once I'm back in the land of the Free and Home of the Brave!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

trailless

Caught the Bug
1) the painted ones have a smooth texture and, well, the regular ones are textured. Almost like knock down.
2) yes, I believe so.
3) I don't know.
4) I have some black painted ones...

If you go offroading or drive down a gravel road, get the regular black ones. Gravel and other rocks chip and leave indents in the painted ones.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

SteelBadger

1) What are all of the differences between stock panted and black unpainted flares?
4) Does anyone have a good set of billit silver takeoffs they would be willing to part with and ship?

Thanks in advance for all of the help I know I will receive!!! Great bunch of folks that I hope to meet one day once I'm back in the land of the Free and Home of the Brave!

Hey there,

As far as I know all dimensions are the same and so is the hardware. At least according to the dealership I got mine from. I got them switched at the time of purchase so I didn't actually do it myself.

Other than the extra cost the biggest issue with body colour is that they get dinged up by rocks very easily. I have been driving my New Jeep for 3 months and the rear flares have a few small dings each just as a DD. I regret not pulling them off and tossing a 3M coat on them. May touch them up and do it anyway.
Sorry, no take offs here.

Good luck with your search!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

1. The difference is what you said. It's either painted or a black textured flare
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. I don't but look on craigslist as well as you might find some on there for cheap.

Sent from my iPhone

SilverBack

I wanted to order my 15 Billet Silver JKUR Hard Rock with painted fender flares and black freedom top but alas this is not possible. As I am in the Balkans at this time and will be driving in various European countries, my mods will be very minor and off-road adventures will be far and few between. I plan to acquire some painted flares and 3m the leading edge surfaces.

Top Bottom