A Wave from Houston

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
a big "Howdy" to all Jeep peeps!

I'm Dave,("HI DAVE!!") I'm getting ready to place an order on a 2015 JKUR; this will be my first REAL jeep, and my first brand new car, couldn't think of a better one to buy! I'll be putting my 2006 Grand Cherokee up for sale as soon as I place the order, I'm holding out until 9/29 for the release of Sunset Orange Pearl, and I'll either order one that color, or order a white one depending on how I feel about the orange when I see it on Wrangler. I've always wanted a Wrangler, and have friends with them, and driven quite a few. But never one of my own! so im excited! this intro might be a little pre-mature, but hey, its coming! I can't wait! IMG00439(1).jpg Check out that FLEX! Don't be Jealous! :cheesy: IMG00440(1).jpg

Last edited:

07JKSahara

Welcome, I'm not Dave... Scott, but I was in Houston a few weeks ago. Welcome to WAL. Congrats on the new Rubi coming.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Thanks GUYS! Glad I found the forum!

Waving back to you from SoCal.

What model are you looking to get?

I'm looking to order a 2015 Unlimited Rubicon in either Sunset Orange Pearl (available for order after 9/29/14), or white. :dont_know: With the following Options:
6 Speed Manual
Auto Temp Control
Sunscreen Windows
Slush Mats
Premium Sound (If available without Navigation, might opt for the Nav Havent fully decided.)
Dual Top Group
Power Convenience Group
Connectivity Group w/ Bluetooth

I'm also rolling around the idea of leather, and the tow package (i don't have anything to tow other then a bike rack at the moment, but the LoD bumpers I'm looking at replace the factory tow hitch anyway? :doh:)

I'm open to opinions on the things that I have yet to decide on. This will be my first brand new car ever, I'm used to buying the car with what it has... But you get all these options when ordering Brand New! :rock:

safecracker909

Thanks GUYS! Glad I found the forum!

I'm looking to order a 2015 Unlimited Rubicon in either Sunset Orange Pearl (available for order after 9/29/14), or white. :dont_know: With the following Options:
6 Speed Manual
Auto Temp Control
Sunscreen Windows
Slush Mats
Premium Sound (If available without Navigation, might opt for the Nav Havent fully decided.)
Dual Top Group
Power Convenience Group
Connectivity Group w/ Bluetooth

I'm also rolling around the idea of leather, and the tow package (i don't have anything to tow other then a bike rack at the moment, but the LoD bumpers I'm looking at replace the factory tow hitch anyway? :doh:)

I'm open to opinions on the things that I have yet to decide on. This will be my first brand new car ever, I'm used to buying the car with what it has... But you get all these options when ordering Brand New! :rock:

Get the tow package. Even if you don't tow anything with it, you will get a trans cooler.
I would also recommend an automatic trans if you are serious about wheeling. I see many people who can't crawl without bashing everything.
Heck why not go with the leather. Easier to clean.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Get the tow package. Even if you don't tow anything with it, you will get a trans cooler.
I would also recommend an automatic trans if you are serious about wheeling. I see many people who can't crawl without bashing everything.
Heck why not go with the leather. Easier to clean.

Automatic is not an option for me. My Grand Cherokee is the first automatic trans I have ever owned, and I cant wait to get out of it because of it. This jeep will be my daily driver, not a hardcore trail rig. It will see dirt, rocks, climbs, mud, sand, water, etc. but I will also drive it every day. Manual trans all the way!

Plus, you say "many people who cant crawl without bashing everything"
I say "many people need to learn how to drive" :yup:

Eddie has a M/T in the project-JK videos, and he wheels it just fine. I get he is a professional, but I cant even remember the last time I botched a gear change, or any clutch work for that matter...was probably back when I was 16-17, while talking to someone, changing the radio station, eating a hamburger, lighting a cigarette, rolling the window down, and shifting gears all at the same time. I think i'll be just fine. :bleh:

My hesitance with the leather is that it isn't really leather, and its a $1100 option. my Grand Cherokee has factory leather, and only 68K, and the driverseat is already cracking. granted, I did not condition the seats with leather conditioner when I detailed it, and maybe that's the problem... but for $1100, the leather better last longer then the jeep. haha. I also have a German Shepherd, so the leather is nice and easy with the fur... Now that i think it through, I'm leaning towards the leather. :thumb:

Last edited:

2013CGJKU

Welcome from Houston!

I love my manual transmission and you are correct in the, if you know how to drive, you can wheel it just fine.

P.s. living in Houston, don't get a white 4 door. They are EVERYWHERE!

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Hobolobo

Another Houstonian with a 6 speed here! X2 on the white jks everywhere. Congrats and keep us posted!

xkid

Good seat covers would be cheaper. Also slush mats are probably cheaper from the aftermarket than the dealer.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
This is because the White just looks soooooooo good with the black fenders/top/RUBICON badge on the hood... its like :daydream:

That being said, I stopped by Sterling Mccall Lexus to check out a 2012 2-door Rubicon, and instantly fell in love with the Crush, So that's why I want to wait and see the Sunset Orange Pearl (Hemi Orange) Jeep, But I have always liked the white, so it will be my second choice. unless Copperhead... :shock::thinking::doh:

Top Bottom