NOVA Trailfest at Rausch Creek August 22-24

UndeadJeeper

Folks,
NOVA (Northeast Offroad Vehicle Alliance), a group that comprises many different offroad clubs and I'm sure counts many Wayalife people as members, is having a big event at Rausch Creek Offroad park August 22-24. I hadn't seen any other postings on this event so I thought I would share. It would be a shame for a huge event like this to happen without filling up!

Here's a link to the event information and sign-up page: http://trailfest.nova4x4.org/

If Moab and the Rubicon trail are like Universal Studios/Disney then for us on the east coast who can't get out there very often, Rausch Creek is like the Six Flags of offroading :rock:

KingCopperhead

I'll be at RC that weekend. This is an open run? I'm coming up with some friends from my local jeep club. We will be running mostly blues
. Maybe a black if we feel ballsey.
Sent from my HTC6525LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

UndeadJeeper

I don't think Rausch Creek is going to be closed for the event, no. If you're going to be around during that time, you should sign up - BBQ, raffles, etc should make for a good time in addition to 3 full days of trail rides.

noroad

Put me down as a maybe i have the 23rd off and would be willing to try and get down again, as im going for a the whole last week of july!

KingCopperhead

Any advice for a first timer to RC? Jeep is a 14 jk, 2 door, open front and limited slip rear diff. 3.73 gears. 3 lift, 35" tires, manual trans. Should have a winch by the time I get up there. Going with a friend who has a jku, locked in the front on 35s also. He has a winch. Both have rocker protection. What level of trails would you recommend? We were thinking of trying some blues. Will my lack of a locker be an issue? Should we start off on greens? Thanks for any input. :)

noroad

Any advice for a first timer to RC? Jeep is a 14 jk, 2 door, open front and limited slip rear diff. 3.73 gears. 3 lift, 35" tires, manual trans. Should have a winch by the time I get up there. Going with a friend who has a jku, locked in the front on 35s also. He has a winch. Both have rocker protection. What level of trails would you recommend? We were thinking of trying some blues. Will my lack of a locker be an issue? Should we start off on greens? Thanks for any input. :)

no you will be fine on most things prob could try a couple harder trails then blues, with the right lines! i went 3.21s and 37s open/open for a couple times. Just dont drink the water lol!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

no you will be fine on most things prob could try a couple harder trails then blues, with the right lines! i went 3.21s and 37s open/open for a couple times. Just dont drink the water lol!

as noroad said you can do the green and blue trails easily. the purple and black trails you may need a spot. reds i would stay away from all together. and yes DONT drink the water :cheesy::cheesy:

UndeadJeeper

At the trailfest signups you can choose the degree of difficulty you'd like to go on. With 35" tires and a 3" lift and skid plates you should be able to take any of the blues. On a couple of the blue trails there are spots where not having a locker makes it harder and forces you to pick more specific lines, but there's nothing you can't get past lockerless. In fact, Kyle, the instructor for the offroad classes there, specifically teaches people how to get over the obstacles without lockers.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Folks,
NOVA (Northeast Offroad Vehicle Alliance), a group that comprises many different offroad clubs and I'm sure counts many Wayalife people as members, is having a big event at Rausch Creek Offroad park August 22-24. I hadn't seen any other postings on this event so I thought I would share. It would be a shame for a huge event like this to happen without filling up!

Here's a link to the event information and sign-up page: http://trailfest.nova4x4.org/

If Moab and the Rubicon trail are like Universal Studios/Disney then for us on the east coast who can't get out there very often, Rausch Creek is like the Six Flags of offroading :rock:

Does this registration fee cover the RC entry fee as well or is that separate? I'm coming up from NC for the weekend, but will only be able to wheel on Saturday so I'm trying to debate if I should register or not. Wish I could be there all 3 days!

Grandos

Hey guys, just getting under way over here on WAL but I wanted to bump this up as my club is part of NOVA and will be helping host this event. I'll be there with a few other guys. Rausch Creek is awesome and from what I've heard about past events it was a huge success. Lots of stuff to be raffled off and big BBQ...I'll be helping on that part. :) Stuff for every sort of rig. So who's all attending? If u need info feel free to reach out and I'll see what I can do.

2014 Public Relations officer - Dion C [o|||||||o]

KingCopperhead

Supposed to be at RC that weekend with some folks from my local club. If they end up not going I'm going to come latch on to you guys :) are you anticipating this being a full event? Probably won't know for sure if my friends are going until close to the last minute.

Grandos

Supposed to be at RC that weekend with some folks from my local club. If they end up not going I'm going to come latch on to you guys :) are you anticipating this being a full event? Probably won't know for sure if my friends are going until close to the last minute.

Hey bud, I can give you a number on attendees towards the end of the week. I need to touch base with the club. I am probably only wheeling saturday afternoon since I will be heavily involved with registration, cooking and helping ensure a smooth fun event. did u plan on registering for the it or just wheeling for the day? Would be cool to link up regardless. Lmk whats good.

KingCopperhead

I'm likely coming down Saturday morning and wheeling sat and sun. Still working on the specifics. I'll shoot a Pm your way when I know what's up. The folks I've planned the trip with are having second thoughts about RC and don't want to be part of a big run if they do go. If my plans fall through though, I'll definitely be wanting to sign up! Either way, if I'm down there I'll get you my contact info for a meet up at the very least.

Grandos

Roger that @copperhead. Anyone else planning on heading out for the event?

KingCopperhead

I'm signed up. Not positive on what day I'm going down, either friday or saturday. I'll wheel saturday with the group for sure. Sunday I may wheel with a few friends from my local club who don't want to pay extra. I'll def be there for the sat. night dinner, and some BBQ on friday sounds epic.

Ideally, I'll come down friday and get 3 days of wheeling in, but you know how life can be.

Hope to see some of you out there.

Grandos

Just a quick bump, heading up on Friday, if your there make sure u stop on by the BBQ, I'll be helping out on that goodness and hopefully wheeling some greens n blues Saturday.

Grandos

George, was cool meeting up with you through out the event. Had a great time myself and will def be making it an annual dealio. Your crew def took on some hard core trails led by a fellow JJ, Jack. Maybe next year when I'm locked with some mt's I can roll with you guys :)

Top Bottom