Magnacharger for my 13 jk

Batman

Hi guys

I ordered a magnacharger 3 weeks ago still waiting for my order to ship was told today it's on hold from magnacharger. Anyone know why or what if any problems with this kit

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't get me wrong but, do you really feel the need for a supercharger with your 3.6L motor? If it were me, I would cancel your order, get a refund, spend a small portion of it to re-gear and spend the rest on mods that you really need or, just save it. Of course, that's just me.

David1tontj

Hi guys

I ordered a magnacharger 3 weeks ago still waiting for my order to ship was told today it's on hold from magnacharger. Anyone know why or what if any problems with this kit

Welcome to wayalife!!

How much more power will that supercharger get you? I'm kinda with Eddie on this one, you've already got 285hp, how much more do you need in a jeep?

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

2013CGJKU

Don't get me wrong but, do you really feel the need for a supercharger with your 3.6L motor? If it were me, I would cancel your order, get a refund, spend a small portion of it to re-gear and spend the rest on mods that you really need or, just save it. Of course, that's just me.

What he said. No reason to go blowing up a motor.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Batman

Yeh I understand what ur sayin boys!Rite now the jeep is still stock It's a heavy 4 door The 3.6 is a good motor it needs just a lil more oomph. But yeh I'm getting second thoughts rite now cos I don't know what the problem is with this kit

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeh I understand what ur sayin boys!Rite now the jeep is still stock It's a heavy 4 door The 3.6 is a good motor it needs just a lil more oomph. But yeh I'm getting second thoughts rite now cos I don't know what the problem is with this kit

Yeah, I get that it's stock but, what gears did you get with it? 3.21? 3.73?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Manual trans 3.21 sport unlimited

What I thought. Try driving a stock Rubicon with 4.10's. I think you'll find it to be a significant difference and one that'll cost a LOT LESS than a super charger. Don't think that'll be enough, try 4.56 gears. Both will give you REAL power improvements and without voiding your warranty.

Batman

What I thought. Try driving a stock Rubicon with 4.10's. I think you'll find it to be a significant difference and one that'll cost a LOT LESS than a super charger. Don't think that'll be enough, try 4.56 gears. Both will give you REAL power improvements and without voiding your warranty.

Yeh that's exactly my stage2 plan 2" lift , 4:10s and 35s with this blower should be a sweet combo

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeh that's exactly my stage2 plan 2" lift , 4:10s and 35s with this blower should be a sweet combo

I don't get it.... Why not make it your stage one plan now?

2" lift
4.88 gears
35" tires
Call it a day with a ton of money left over and plenty of power.

But hey, that's just me.

spinuck

Yeah, I'd rather spend that hefty sum to get the jeep more trail ready. Lift, 35's, gears, skids, gussets. It's a sport, maybe get lockers while doing gears, and some sliders.

Batman

I don't get it.... Why not make it your stage one plan now?

2" lift
4.88 gears
35" tires
Call it a day with a ton of money left over and plenty of power.

But hey, that's just me.

I do understand what ur getting at and yes it dose sound like the better deal but I just love boost and magnacharger dose it soo well have one on my pickup truck they are the best.

scull20

I've got a brand new 2014 JKUR with 4.10s. I've found the "oomph" to be more than adequate. It's no rocket ship, but doesn't feel slow.

Perhaps you can test drive a JKU with different gearing first and see if that is to your liking.

spinuck

It sounds like the goals for your Jeep are a bit different than most of us. Most guys are looking for off road capability, and the money goes there first. I think if you want a fast Jeep, you'll need more than a supercharger.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Sounds like your pretty set on getting the supercharger. Its your Jeep and making it yours is what's fun. So more power to you.

Now to your original question. I was reading somewhere that they were having problems with the Diablo tuner. Something about it having trouble getting the shift points right, surging and random loss of boost. All of this was a few months ago but I don't know whether they resolved the issues.or not.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Batman

So it's just a tuning issue? hmmm that makes seance dam Chrysler Tuning I'm going to wait one more week then I'll ask for my money back and go straight to stage 2

Thanks for the info.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like your pretty set on getting the supercharger. Its your Jeep and making it yours is what's fun. So more power to you.

Now to your original question. I was reading somewhere that they were having problems with the Diablo tuner. Something about it having trouble getting the shift points right, surging and random loss of boost. All of this was a few months ago but I don't know whether they resolved the issues.or not.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

So it's just a tuning issue? hmmm that makes seance dam Chrysler Tuning I'm going to wait one more week then I'll ask for my money back and go straight to stage 2

Thanks for the info.

Missed the part about problems with a Diablo tuner. Just to make sure, did you entire your tire size correctly as in, did you make sure to measure from the ground to the edge of your tire where the sidewall becomes the tread? Another way to do this is to measure from the center of the wheel to the ground and the multiply that by 2. If you just entered in what is stated on your sidewall, you will have put in an incorrect number and that could throw your shift points off.

Top Bottom