Question on Hercules Trail Diggers

Tigereye10

As the title mentions I've been set on getting the Nitto Trail Grapplers but when I was out and about getting prices one of the guys mentioned these Trail Diggers by Hercules. Now having talked to him for a while and him having ran both tires from what he says they are a pretty good tire. Now for my question to all of you what have you heard about them or if any of you have ran them, what do you think of them?

Overrox

I know several people who run them in AZ over the rocks and through the desert. They all say, they are a great tire. The only negative I hear is that they are heavy. How heavy I don't know but several people said that.

Tigereye10

I know several people who run them in AZ over the rocks and through the desert. They all say, they are a great tire. The only negative I hear is that they are heavy. How heavy I don't know but several people said that.

Alrighty, thanks :)

Roblaza

I ran 31'' diggers on my cherokee...Loved them. When i got my TJ i bought them in a 33''...LOVED THEM. When i went to a 35'' tire i went to the MTR Kevlars for one reason only: the trail diggers do not come in a 35'' tall tire in a 15'' rim. 16'' rim only if you want the 35s... and not wanting to buy new rims, i went with the MTRs which are amazing tires, BUT at a higher cost.

The trail diggers were an excellent tire, never let me down and never allowed me to get stuck. (and i tried) lol They clear themselves out extremely well, and bite HARD on rocks and mud. Handling in rain and snow lacked, but it's an MT tire, luggy tires dont perform great in the snow or rain to begin with.

they wear kind of crappy, but of you rotate them often you'll get a decent life out of them. (i rotated mine every 5000 KM) The sidewalls are soft enough to morph over rocks and ruts allowing them to bite very well and dig into the terrain, but not soo soft that they puncture easy.

When they're new the noise level isnt bad. Again, they're an MT tire, but are a bit on the noisy end of the scale i thought. they get louder as they wear. a lot louder.

Overall they were an excellent tire, and i would still be running them today if it wasn't for the wacky sizing. I'd reccomend them to anyone who asks about them;

Before i went to the 35s:

Tigereye10

I ran 31'' diggers on my cherokee...Loved them. When i got my TJ i bought them in a 33''...LOVED THEM. When i went to a 35'' tire i went to the MTR Kevlars for one reason only: the trail diggers do not come in a 35'' tall tire in a 15'' rim. 16'' rim only if you want the 35s... and not wanting to buy new rims, i went with the MTRs which are amazing tires, BUT at a higher cost.

The trail diggers were an excellent tire, never let me down and never allowed me to get stuck. (and i tried) lol They clear themselves out extremely well, and bite HARD on rocks and mud. Handling in rain and snow lacked, but it's an MT tire, luggy tires dont perform great in the snow or rain to begin with.

they wear kind of crappy, but of you rotate them often you'll get a decent life out of them. (i rotated mine every 5000 KM) The sidewalls are soft enough to morph over rocks and ruts allowing them to bite very well and dig into the terrain, but not soo soft that they puncture easy.

When they're new the noise level isnt bad. Again, they're an MT tire, but are a bit on the noisy end of the scale i thought. they get louder as they wear. a lot louder.

Overall they were an excellent tire, and i would still be running them today if it wasn't for the wacky sizing. I'd reccomend them to anyone who asks about them;

Before i went to the 35s:

Thanks for the info, I do plan on getting these and trying them out since they are cheaper the the Nitto Trail Grapplers I wanted, I do plan on running a 35"s

Top Bottom