Upgrade time!!!!

Hobolobo

So I just got back from my local stealership and decided that I'm going to upgrade from my black 2012 2 door sport JK to a 2014 JKUR in stone white. Is there anything I need to be aware of in differences between 2 door/4 door or 2012/2104? Do i still need to replace driveshafts over a certain amount of lift?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I just got back from my local stealership and decided that I'm going to upgrade from my black 2012 2 door sport JK to a 2014 JKUR in stone white. Is there anything I need to be aware of in differences between 2 door/4 door or 2012/2104? Do i still need to replace driveshafts over a certain amount of lift?

Congratulations to you!! First thing you should know is that "Stone White" is a discontinued color. I believe it's now "Bright White". :crazyeyes:

Aside from that, it's all pretty much the same stuff. Being a 4-door, you won't need to address your rear drive shaft with 3" of lift or more.

Hobolobo

Congratulations to you!! First thing you should know is that "Stone White" is a discontinued color. I believe it's now "Bright White". :crazyeyes:

Aside from that, it's all pretty much the same stuff. Being a 4-door, you won't need to address your rear drive shaft with 3" of lift or more.

Oops. Mustve missed that one. It was hard enough for them to find one with the lack of options i wanted. When do i need to address front driveshaft if at all?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oops. Mustve missed that one. It was hard enough for them to find one with the lack of options i wanted. When do i need to address front driveshaft if at all?

Unfortunately, with the changes that were made to the exhaust cross over and angle of the drive train in 2012, you will need to address your front shaft with 3" of lift or more or, with 2.5" of lift and longer shocks. This is regardless if you have an auto or manual.

Hobolobo

Unfortunately, with the changes that were made to the exhaust cross over and angle of the drive train in 2012, you will need to address your front shaft with 3" of lift or more or, with 2.5" of lift and longer shocks. This is regardless if you have an auto or manual.

Thanks for once again saving me money and a lot of headache. When i first joined this group, i wouldn't have even thought about driveshafts until it was too late.

Hobolobo

Can't think of a better way to end the work week!
Out with the old:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406848120.202242.jpg
'12 sport with 2.5" lift
In with the new:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406848175.689622.jpg
'14 JKUR

Top Bottom