Pismo Beach, CA / Oceano Dunes -Sat, July 26 - Sun, July 27, 2014

Budman

http://www.jeepbeachwest.com/

Join fellow Jeepers for the First Annual Jeep Beach West. Beach, Sun, Jeeps, Driving on Dunes!
Please register for free by following the registration link. Registrants receive an entry bag with some unique JBW stickers, sponsor swag, and a raffle ticket. Giveaways provided by our sponsors Hard Core 4x4, Olympic 4x4, and Fin's Restaurant. As the 1st Jeep Beach West, this event will grow based on your participation.

What: First Annual Jeep Beach West

Where: Pismo Beach, California / Oceano Dunes SVRA

When: Sat. July 26 - Sun. July 27 (Detailed Agenda)

FAQ:

Q: Are non-Jeeps allowed?
A: Sorry, but this event is open to Jeep vehicles only- any model... from stock to buggy...from CJ to ZJ. If you are in an 4x4 club, but do not have a Jeep come to Pismo anyways to see many Jeeps. The park will remain open to the public.

Q: How do I register?
A: Follow the registration link. Registration is required per vehicle and will be verified for participation in the Jeep Parade on Sunday.

Q: What is the cost?
A: JBW event registration is free. Park entrance is separate and is $10 cash / day. Camping fees are $10 per night.

Q: What are the parade details?
A: The parade will start at 10am on Sunday, July 27. The route will begin at the Pier Avenue entrance, just past the $1 per tire air.

Q: Where can I stay?
A: You can camp in the Oceano Dunes OHV area for $10 each night by registering in the link 48 hours in advance by registering the link or stay in a hotel close by. Note, during this peak season, a 2 night minimum is required at hotels. I will be camping Fri & Sat at Oceano Dunes; if interested in joining, email jeepbeachwestevent@gmail.com, or let's speak at the event. For camping in Oceano Dunes, you cannot leave wood, or put water on the fire to put it out and leave it; you must pack it all out. You can enter the Oceano dunes camp area even after hours (flooding/tide allowing). There are no assigned spots, so choose a safe place and surround the site by jeeps.

Q: Is my green or red sticker Jeep allowed?
A: Yes, but only after post 2 in Oceano Dunes Area.

Q: What should I bring?
A: Please bring typical items for a weekend trip- clothes for rain & cold, safety items for your vehicle (first aid kit) and the beach (sunscreen, flotation devices, etc) and extraction equipment if planning to offroad (tow ropes, traction devices, etc). Bring firewood, food and drinks! If you plan to go on Oceano Dunes, you will need a flag and whip, but these can be purchased upon arrival.

Q: Will my 2 wheel drive Jeep be ok to drive on the beach? & What if I get stuck?
A: Yes in the main strip, but if you plan to drive in the dunes, or off the main path you will likely get stuck. Be prepared by reading this link or others. If stuck, there are tow trucks, but they will charge up to $100. Just flag down a fellow Jeeper and we will help you out at your own risk.

Q: Is alcohol allowed? Not on the beach, but it looks like it is allowed when camping. BBQs? Yes -in grills or hibachi Dogs? Yes- on Leash. CampFires? Yes while camping.
A: All rules of Pismo State Beach and Oceano Dunes SVRA must be adhered to. http://www.californiasbestbeaches.com/pismo/pismo_faq.html 
http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1207

Top Bottom