Hoping you guys can help me with a strange fuel leak problem.

Jaydoc1

Well I'm sort of at my wits end here so I'm hoping someone on here can help me out.

About three weeks ago I noticed that my fuel tanking was draining much more quickly than it had been. I was actually thinking that someone might be siphoning my gas while I was at work but after checking the security cameras in the hospital parking lot I knew that that wasn't the case. So then I started looking to see if I might be leaking fuel. I spent a fair amount of time crawling around under the Jeep but really I already knew that that wasn't the issue as there was no sign of stains or leaking fluids on the pavement ever.

In checking my onboard computer it also looks like my MPG has dropped by around 3 MPG! I'm really racking my brain here trying to figure this out. The Jeep seems to be running perfectly. Just this abrupt decrease in fuel efficiency that has been quite noticeable at the pump.

Do you think that I could have damaged something when I installed my new 35s on it 3 weeks ago?

:brows:

JoshuaC999

It's more than likely the new tires. Depending on the make-up, design, tread pattern, # of plies, and load range, the weight and rolling resistance of the tires can be extremely different.

Jaydoc1

And here I was trying to be funny. Subtle humor is sometimes hard to convey online. I was just kidding and you guys are just too helpful. Yes it's the tires. Pretty amazing the mileage difference.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
And here I was trying to be funny. Subtle humor is sometimes hard to convey online. I was just kidding and you guys are just too helpful. Yes it's the tires. Pretty amazing the mileage difference.

:cheesy: you got me.

I actually didn't noticed the :brows: in your first post until just now. That should have tipped me off.

Top Bottom