Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How-to build a custom fiberglass upper windshield trim switch pod

Banned
    Awesome! Any other projects you've been working on?
    Last edited by WJCO; 01-11-2017 at 12:29 PM. Reason: P.I.M.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumitru Ivanov View Post

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumitru Ivanov View Post

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Caught the Bug
    I love this build and I am thinking of doing the same... It does come out looking very stock... I am trying to thing if there would be enough room to mount the switches for the Pod and additionally maybe below those mount the control head for my old Kenwood TH-742 HAM radio... The control head is pretty much standard single DIN radio size but only about 3/4" thick... Maybe have it more flush coming down perpendicular to the visor/roof snugged up as much as possible and then below angled in a little the switch console.

Additionally, I was thinking of using the Eaton ssVEC that I found on waytekwire after reading the DIY sPod writeup another member here wrote up as my "source" as that looks to be watertight and industrial grade with a 200A rating across 8 - 12 relays...

https://www.waytekwire.com/item/4605...bution-Module/

Add in a adjustable 12V LVCO I can easily find off ebay or amazon for then there really is not anything my hacked together build would not have that the sPod does except I would be better waterproofed, handle a higher current load, and cheaper (although the ssVEC is pretty expensive but I think worth it).... Considering I was an Electronics Technician for the US Navy, I think I can manage to figure my way around some Low Voltage applications...

... I hope i am not overstepping by posting a link to waytekwire but I say the original link on another thread for DIY

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?1...ght=waytekwire
    NotInStock

2016 Rubi JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" RK X-Factor, Fox Shocks, Dynatrac PR44 Front Axle, ATX Chamber Pros, BFG 35x12.5x17, LOD Destroyer Shorty Bumpers (FR & RR), Warn 8274 Winch.
    Build Thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...Rubi-Hard-Rock

Fresh Catch
    I'm now inspired. Awesome write up.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow came out great!!!

US Army Combat Vet. Afghanistan 2010-2011

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456